Chapter 34

Clara PoV
Right now, we are hiding behind the bushes waiting for Mr Johnson's driver to come to our rescue.

Mr Johnson's plan for publicity backfired, and they were running behind us.

We managed to get out of the paparazzi's sight. They are nowhere to be seen now, but we cannot take chances, so here we are stuck and tensed.

After waiting for few minutes that felt like hours, the car stopped in front of us.

We stood up from the bushes, and immediately a person I recognised from the crowd started running towards us.

I froze, not knowing what to do. Mr Johnson pulled my hand, but it was a little too late. That person reached us, and he was asking a lot of questions blocking us.

Mr Johnson asked him to move aside, but that didn't bother him; he was coming so close to us that we need to take back steps.

That's when Steven, the head bodyguard, made his grand entrance and pushed the guy aside, making way for us.

Mr Johnson took hold of my hand again and led me to the car door; I opened the door and got in while he made his way around the car to get to the other side.

"Fast." Mr Johnson ordered the driver as soon as Steven got in.

Without saying a word, he did exactly what he was told, very fast.

As we were leaving, few media people, probably alerted by the noise we were making, noticed us, but it was too late because it didn't take us much time to be out of their vision.

"Are you fine?" Steven asked, turning back from the passenger seat.

"Yes," we answered.

He nodded and continued being his usual self, observing everything he could lay eyes on.

"What happened exactly?" He asked.

"Someone let the air out of the tyre; I think it has to be someone from the media."

"Do you want me to look into it?"

"Yeah. You do that. Find out who did that, and don't forget about the guy we just met." He said in a serious tone.

"Yes, sir," he said, nodding.

Sensing the tension in the air, I decided to keep my big mouth shut and mind my own business. God knows what they are planning to do.

After a while of sitting in the car stuck in my thoughts, we reached our destination.

Home, sweet home. More like his home.

Wait, I just moved out of my house and living in a home that's not mine. Does that make me homeless?

I am homeless and hopeless. And dramatic.

I wanted to go straight to my room, wear some shorts and sleep.

How does it feel to jump into a pair of short after wearing a long dress? Yes, heaven is the word.

"Clar?" The demon from hell called out.

"Huh?" I said, turning around.

If only he could read my mind, I would be dead by now, wearing this black dress to my own funeral. This would be a perfect dress to die in. But, no, I am not dying. Not this soon.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, " I answered, a little shook.

"Okay."

"Are you alright?" I asked after thinking whether or not to.

"Yeah, " he said.

"Cool."