Chapter 21

Clara PoV
On the way to the airport, I have tried to keep myself busy staring at the passing streets of Paris.

And for a while I was texting in our group chat. I didn't respond to the messages I got the other day.

There were messages from Hen in the group asking me if I was there and I responded after a day saying yes.

We will be reaching home by night. So, I was planning to meeting them tomorrow maybe. I miss spending time with them almost everyday.

If I miss college in anyway, which I am glad is done. It will be because of these dummies.

We got into the Mr Johnson's jet. The same one that we used to get here I assume. It looked the same and I don't know how many jets he has.

Mr Johnson seemed to be in deep thoughts. He was quiet the whole time and looked he had not even acknowledged my existence.

I for one is very aware of his existence. I am still not over what I remember this morning about yesterday and how I talked and behaved with him.

To me, that looked like I had a death wish. It's good thing Mr Johnson is occupied and hasn't sentenced me to death. At least not so far.

Around 4 or so, we were in the air and I am stuck with this this person. We took our seats opposite each other. This is kind of awkward, not knowing what to do.

The only time I was alone with him was in this same plane coming here. In office, both of us were occupied with work, so it wasn't awkward and thanks to Chad, I didn't have that awkwardness staying in Paris.

I can't use my phone as well. So, I guess I am stuck with nothing.

Mr Johnson looked at me and immediately changed his attention to the window. Is he trying to ignore me?

Is it about yesterday? Should I apologise or act like I don't remember and nothing happened?

To fill the silence, I decided to apologise.

"Mr Johnson?" I called getting his attention. "Chad told me a little about yesterday. I am sorry if I had said or done anything disrespectful."

He suddenly looked angry. Did I mention something wrong?

"I don't know why I have you working for me when you do anything but that."

"I am sorry Mr Johnson. I was drunk and out of my mind."

"I didn't hire you to make excuses. For once can you focus on work."

"I am trying to do my best." I tried to cool him off

"Best? I can see that best. Flirting with guys, roaming around and escaping from work. Is that what you are good at?"

Not again. Why are we always getting there, ending up at the same. I have never done anything to give such kind of an impression.

And for someone who is concerned about her reputation, that sure as hell is too much to take. So, I had to react, couldn't stop myself yet I tried not to go too far.

"I don't understand what this is all about. I haven't ignored any work I was given. I have done it all and in time."

"You do not raise your voice on me."

"I am not sir. But, I don't understand where this is all coming from."

"This? It is coming from you. From day one, I have noticed your ways and tricks. You are spooling the whole of my work environment."