Chapter 37

Clara PoV
I couldn't get much sleep last night because a certain someone and their words decided to haunt me the whole night. So, hence my tiredness today.

How can he say those heartless words and bring a random girl home one minute, and the next minute he is pouring out his heart to me.

That guy is a psycho. And I know it. Yet here I am, wasting my time on him. I know this is a bad idea, yet I can't stop thinking about how it will be.

I get dressed in my jeans and a black blouse, and some boots before making my way out of the room. Time to face reality called life and stop daydreaming like an idiot.

When I make my way out, I see no one near the dining table; only when I get closer do I notice the person cooking, the chef of the day - Finn Johnson

What might have caused the sudden change of events? I am used to seeing him near the table every day but seeing him cooking? Never.

Does he even know how to cook?

Spending all the time at work, even overworking, cannot be good, especially now that I have to eat what he is making.

I am not an ungrateful woman, but I just got used to his chef's food; they must be highly paid.

"Good morning, Clar," he greeted, blocking my thoughts away.

"Good morning, Mr Johnson," I greeted back with a smile. The last time I knew, I planned to give him the cold shoulder.

But he is making it hard for me. Why does he have to be so nice to me?

Can I for once be mean to a person, and give them what they deserve, instead of being all smiley and cheeky.

I hate that I am always forgiving.

"You are right on time. I am almost done."

"What is the occasion?"

"What do you mean?"

"For you. Cooking," I said, waving between him and the food, shrugging.

He just chuckled before replying. " I just wanted to cook for you, Clar."

Oh... No. No, no, no. Please don't say that. Take it back. Take it back. Can he still take that back?

"Have a seat, Clar," He said, placing the first disk on the table.

"Let me help," I said, going for the second dish.

"You don't have to," he said while taking the dish from my hand and placing it on the table, and pulling out a chair for me to sit on.

"I want to," I said, ignoring the chair, going for the plates.

"You are not gonna listen, are you?" He said, smiling, which I just returned.