Chapter 26

Clara PoV
It's time. I know everything will change after this. It won't be the same anymore. I like how my life is right now, yes it could have been better. But it feels like it's only getting worse.

I looked myself at the mirror, but more than the image in front me, I was more attentive towards the butterflies in my stomach. But, who is to be blamed? I was never a cool person.

The dress I was wearing was completely out of my comfort zone. It was Soph's dress. But, its not her size anymore, so its in my cupboard even though, I never thought I would wear it.

Perks of having a sister, both of you can exchange clothes sometimes. We keep on giving each other, if we outgrow them. Both of us are very fluctuating I guess. But, since I started working I got fitter.

It's not always about the perks though. Sometimes, they take clothes from you even though you insist not to. This dress was a peace offering, even though both of us know she can't wear it anymore.

It is a maroon colour dress, with a big x shape bands at the whole of my back, which makes it good amount of revealing

It is a maroon colour dress, with a big x shape bands at the whole of my back, which makes it good amount of revealing. But, I think this will do considering the amount of girls he has been with, hopefully I will not draw much attention. Just an other random girl.

Am I the only one who was forced into this? Or are there other poor girl who were part of his mischief.

Maybe there weren't any girls who actually liked him, it was all his doing. Of course, who would bare with his huge ego and rudeness. Definitely, not a fun person to hangout with. His personality is as dark as his soul.

Ugh.. how much I hate him?

He will be here any minute now. I told Soph that I was just hanging out with my friends. She was teasing me at the beginning, but I wouldn't say she is suspicious. She always teases me.

After teasing me for an eternity, she helped me get ready, but unlike Sam, she isn't gonna force me. So, my face was usual. It is still a face, not a cake. I don't know how girls put their makeup on, it is an art.

But, she did insist on doing my hair. I never give her my hair. So, it was her chance to play stylist. I wanted to keep my hair loose for once, so that it will at least cover some part of my back.

But, she said and I quote, 'That is the only thing that makes this dress this.' and so here I am with my hair in a loose bun, with few of my baby hair out of the bun.

I should agree she was good with hair. Any other day, those baby hairs would create mess. But, today it was a master piece.

Hey, we cannot tell her that, you do not compliment your sister. Never in a million years. That's the universal rule. If you say yes, that is it. It's the end, they will make you regret saying it for the rest of your life.

So, I gave her an unsatisfied look and pushed her out of my room. Then I continued to do the final touchups and I am staring at the mirror even though my attention is elsewhere.