Chapter 36

Finn PoV
The bright light from my windows hit me like a knife, and I open my eyes, regretting it as soon as I did.

My eyes hurt, and so does my head. It took me some time to adjust to the light, but I couldn't with my head.

It took me a while to think with my non-functioning head. Where am I? What happened? Why am I in such pain? 'I was drunk.'

That was the answer to all my questions, almost. But what happened. I found a glass of water and some tablets on the side table and took them hastily.

Clar, she was there yesterday, she took care of me. Oh my God, I bought a girl home. I never bring a girl home. Am I possessed by someone?

What must Clara be thinking of me? And why do I care?

I got up from the bed gotta get to work. I wouldn't say I like Monday mornings, and this hangover isn't helping much.

I got ready and went downstairs; Clar wasn't there yet. I was waiting for her, but she didn't show up until it was almost time for us to leave.

But, she gave me no attention, stepping straight to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked, trying to gain her attention.

"Office, " she said, stopping only to answer before walking away.

"Have breakfast first."

"Already did."

"Where are you going, Clara?" I asked again, following her.

"How many times should I tell you?" She said, huffing, sounding irritated.

"Wait, let's go together."

"No worries, I can do that myself."

"We need to go together; what will people think in the office?"

"I don't know, and I don't care. And if you would let me, I should be there before my boss is there."

"Oh really, then listen to your boss."

"I will. When I am at work, " she said, leaving again.

"Why are you trying to ignore me?"

"I am not."

"Both of us know what you are doing Clar, who are you lying to?"

"I am just minding my own business, and so should you."

"Okay then, leave." She left without another word, and I stood there in my living room all alone before leaving too.

I was making my way to the office, and I can see from the blurred glass walls of Clar's office that she is in there.

As I walked into my office, Ms Allen greeted me while I just nodded.

I was doing my work when someone knocked on my door, I was expecting it to be Clar like another day, with my coffee and schedule, but when Ms Allen walked in, I was disappointed surprising myself.

"Where is Ms Wilson?" I questioned.

"She was preparing the team for the Miller's project review that we have tomorrow."

"Okay, you can put those on my table."

"Would you like me to read your schedule for you?"

"No, thank you." She nodded and left.

I am capable of reading my schedule myself; I just preferred Clar doing it for me. But, it is pretty evident that she is trying to ignore me.