Chapter 27

Clara PoV
I was getting ready for work. I am just gonna go like nothing has happened, just took a leave and am back to work.

I am not planning to tell anyone about this. Words spread, which is not gonna help the plan that Mr Johnson and I had, and nor do I want to my mom to hear about this.

If it does get out, what will the society make out of them. A gold digger sold herself to the one and only Mr Johnson, CEO of the Johnson company for his money.

How can I live with that?

So, this is the way to do it. Keep it all in.

Few days back, as soon as Mr Johnson dropped me off at my house, I went in and changed into something comfortable and I was done for the day.

I checked my phone before going to the bed, he posted the pic. Just 8 minutes back and yet there were good amount of likes and comments.

It's actually a good thing that we decided to change our pose, and didn't post the first one we took.

Because this pic has my face hidden, posting the other one would have revealed my face.

I know that I will have to reveal my face at some point of time, but as of now, no one knows that I am that girl.

My mom will find out too. Should I tell her before hand or let her find out herself, and then tell her that we are dating is still a unanswered question lingering in my head.

She gives me a lot of freedom and she is very leisure with us. So, there is no reason for me to hide it from her. I could tell her right now, that I am dating and she would be happy about it.

But, I don't want to lie to her and I know I can't tell her the truth. So, the only thing I can do not tell her at all.

Maybe I will, just before I reveal it to the world.

As of now, I want to live in peace.

Even though, my mom is completely fine with me making my own decisions in relationships. She is still my mom and will still be concerned. So, she will ask to meet him and I don't want them to meet, even though they already did. But, now they will meet him like my boyfriend.

So, putting on my 'fake all is fine' face and formal attire, I left for work and caught the bus just on time are reached my destination.

Going inside the building was anything but usual and comfortable, it was awkward and disturbing. It felt new, even though I walked this path for more than a hundred times.

Even seeing Jade with her usual welcoming smile felt different. I wasn't planning to tell them as well.

If you want to keep a secret, you keep it a secret all the way.

I spoke with her like I usually do, but for some odd reason I was tensed. Is this how it feels to hide secrets and fake it? The tension of the truth being revealed is always with you.

I spoke to her half-mindedly, not thinking much, but just answering to her.

"What happened to you these past day?"

"Took a leave."

"Why? You fine?"

"Yep. Just wanted to take a leave and spend time with my family. I am barely using the leaves that we are annually offered."

"Yeah.. you work all the time."

"You should ask Jane, she is having a hard time teaching me."

"Haha... how was your long weekend by the way?"