Chapter 33

Clara PoV
"Mr Johnson is my boyfriend."

"What?"

"I am sure you heard it right."

"No.. you gotta be kidding." He said stunned, it was clear on his face and he isn't even trying to conceal it , while I on the other hand, salted cheeks. I tried to hold them in to not show him my weak side, but I wasn't able to.

"Why would someone crack a joke like that, Bryce?" I tried not telling him about Mr Johnson. But, we are revealing it anyway and he will find out by tomorrow morning at the least.

So, why not just tell him now and get rid of the misery.

He was doing his usual, coming to me when he knows Mr Johnson isn't here, and he flirts with me.

Mr Johnson warned him once, "I see you here with Ms Wilson all the time, Mr Walker. I don't think you have any work with her. I hope you will stick with your job, or will I have to get with mine and fire you."

From then, whenever he finds out Mr Johnson isn't here, he would come and try to convince me to get back with him.

This time he just went overboard with it. Trying to remind me of our past, that only made me cry. We had our good moments, but I guess all good things do have an end.

All my past flashed in front when he was talked today, that is what he was trying to do. But what came along with it was unexpected, he didn't know that.

Flashback ~~~~~~~~~~
When my dad - when the thing with my dad happened, everyone at home was were so down and they were completely shattered.

We were clueless as to what to do, dad took care of everything. So, that is when I know o had to step up. I cannot cry, I just can't do it in front of them.

When it comes to family, tears are contagious too.

So, I had to wipe them off, cry when no ones around, and search for a job and sought all the things out, all the things that my dad took care of.

But, I guess you can't hide everything in, it will show somehow, and that's what happened. All my hidden tears and hurt, changed me.

It made me quiet and distant, boring probably. So boring that he had to cheat on me.

I thought because I couldn't effort to show my weak side near my family, I could approach him. But, I never actually did, I kept it to myself.

One day, I just got super emotional and I had to let it out. All the controlled tears for days wanted to burst out, it became unbearable.

It was just the time when my family is getting a little bit better, by better I mean I didn't have to force them to eat and request them to stop crying, they still do occasionally.

If I burst open in front of them now, I will be pulling them back again into this pit hole.

So, I did what I had to do.. I took the car and left, and before I even realised I was in front of his door, Bryce's door.

I knocked lightly, trying not to wake him up if he was sleeping. When there was no response, I turned to leave. But, I needed him, I needed his support.

So, I used his spare keys. He gave me his keys. But, I never use them trying to give him some privacy and it's not right to enter someone's house when they are not home or when they don't even know I am here.

He was okay with me coming anytime, but that day? I guess not.

I went inside and when I heard something fall in his room, I know he was in there, the door was slightly open, I raised my hand to knock.