𝟕

𝟏𝟏-𝟒-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

𝐒𝐘𝐈𝐑𝐀 𝐊'𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄, 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀
𝟷𝟷:𝟷𝟻 𝙰𝙼

I stood in the long line of where everyone was buying tickets for homecoming. I decided last minute that I was going to go. Why not?

Stuff like this are once in a lifetime thing and I didn't want to miss out. I just hoped I didn't regret this in the end.

The line moved up and I was up next. I saw that the person selling the tickets was Kataria and I rolled my eyes. This was probably part of her punishment cause I know she wouldn't voluntarily do this.

"How much are the tickets?" I asked and she only stared at her blankly for a few seconds before scoffing.

"You can't read the sign down there?" She asked pointing down.

I looked down seeing a sign that said "Homecoming tickets on sale for $15!!!" I didn't see it before.

Without replying, I dug in my Telfar bag for my purse. I pulled it out and pulled out a 10 dollar bill along with a 5 dollar bill. I slid it across the table and she rudely snatched it.

"What's your last name?" She said putting the money in a safe before grabbing a pen.

"Carter," I told her. She wrote my name down on the paper before looking up at me.

"Who are you going with?" She looked me up and down.

"Not that it's any of your business, my friends.." I told her while putting my purse back in my bag.

She scoffed still giving me a stank look. I didn't know why, I don't beef with her. She beefs with my friend and that's that so I don't know why she was tryna start with me.

Before she could say anything else, I walked off. I walked back to the table where Tyreek, Bri, Lani, and Aaliyah were sitting. I sat next to Bri and pulled out my phone.

I could feel them all staring at me but I ignored it. The vibe was still kinda off after the day they left me. I don't know how they just expect me to rub it off to the side, especially when Bri was the only person who apologized to me about it.

"You look cute today," Aaliyah said making me look up at her seeing her staring me down.

"Thank you.." I said.

"Mhm.." She trailed off. "Who did your hair?"

"Myself," I said. I always did my own hair. And I always had my hair done because I wasn't confident in my real hair. It was real kinky and hard to manage. I was also very insecure about it.

Nobody ever saw my real hair besides the people in my house. Even that was rare though.

"Oh I didn't know you do hair," She said running her hands through my hair making me feel uncomfortable. "It's cute.. the lace kinda showing right here but it's cute."

I only stared at her sideways. I don't know why she's touching me and I don't know why she's pointing out the obvious. It's a lace, it's going to show eventually.