Nineteen

Thank you for 100 votes by the way!

No one made any objections to my orders. Not even a whisper of disagreement was made. But I sensed it, I sensed their hesitation to follow through.

I knew they would do it, however. I was their Squad Leader. I was fully aware of what I was doing.

I was going to prove I'm no idiot in battle. If Levi's squad can take down three Titans at once then my team can double that. A sort of adrenaline rushes through me, fueling my strength and whatever high I was on.

Seeing both Petra and Eld killing the last Titan another two pop out of the forest. I pull out my blades, it was now or never.

"Keep them away from the Titans!" I shout. "Those are our kills!"

I latch my wire to the nearest tree and launch myself into the air. I see Levi marking them as his next targets. I grit me teeth and push myself relentlessly towards him. It was my time to prove myself. It's time I show how reliable I am in battle.

"Em, what are you doing?!" Edward screeches as I zoom by. I ignore his shouting for me to stop as well as the rest of Levi's squad members. I steal a chance to glance over my shoulder.

My eyes widen at the sight of Edward actually being held back. Nat was gripping Edward's arm to keep him from chasing me. The others, however, were distracted. The rest of my members were doing their best to slow them down.

I was surprised, I didn't think they would hold them back like that. But what does it matter? As long as they don't get in my way I didn't care.

I was close enough to Levi to hear him say a few insults to the Titans before us. He raises his blades, ready to make the crucial blow.

"Out of the way!"

Levi falters, his body flinching to the sound of my voice. He glances over his shoulder before his eyes widen in surprise.

"Emma?"

I took it as my chance and latch my wire on to the Titan's head. I zoom past the startled Captain and ready my blades. I decided to go for a downward slash since the dumb monster was still fixated on Levi.

I drove my blades towards its nape, slicing through the thick skin. I smirk in triumph as the Titan falls to the ground. There was now only one more to worry about.

Through the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of a large hand. The one last Titan was about to snatch me, I breathed out a curse. I wasn't expecting it to attack me immediately but, no longer was I frozen prey.

Determination was my sense of drive causing me to ready myself to slice off his fingers. Although, when I swung my blades they never made contact with the Titan's flesh. Another set of blades did.

I blink at the quick flash of a raven-haired man driving his blades savagely through its fingers. He came out from my left, his attack splattering blood over my front side. Hearing the Titan roar in both surprise and pain, I quickly launch my wire to the nearest branch and reeled myself towards it.

With my feet making contact with the wood, I glower at the Titan's pitiful sight. Once again, I failed to make two killings in a row.