Three

Despite agreeing to Erwin's order it was something I was still irritated over. A couple days have passed and I avoided any sort of contact with the Captain. I know for sure as hell, I would beat the crap out of him.

If it wasn't for him and his damn attitude I wouldn't have to be in this situation. I throw my bag onto the carriage along the others on the ground beside me. We were heading back to Trost, our mission was finished and a voluntary meeting was to be taken place amongst the high ranking officers in a couple of days.

I was the only low rank officer to attend those meetings, I was only needed for the reports and strategies I came up with. It wasn't something I looked forward to, however. Those meetings took up the five hours of my day, a day I could spend wisely under a tree while reading a book.

I fix my black shirt before releasing a sigh. It didn't really matter to me though. As long as I can be back in my apartment I didn't mind.

I turn my attention away from the carriage and to those around me. I walked with purpose amongst the soldiers who were preparing other carriages and horses for the trip. Despite the trip being a short one, I still had to double check the equipment and the number of soldiers coming along.

Everything seemed to be in order until I got to the third carriage. The ODM gears weren't in it, it was odd since I made sure this was to be the first one loaded. I see a solider passing by and wave them over.

"Oi! Where's the gear?" I question with a frown. "I thought this carriage was already filled?" The solider glances at the carriage before shaking his head.

"No, we were told not to pack it up yet," he replies.

"What? Who gave you that order?" I do my best to hide my annoyance. I push my bottom lip out into a pout while my brows form a line. "We're supposed to leave in an hour," I state pointedly. He shifts the objects in his arms before shaking his head apologetically.

"I understand, Emma, but Captain Levi told us not to pack the gear just yet."

To the sound of his name I blink unresponsive. My expression goes blank as I find the piece of information to be surprising. He override my orders? He knows we had to leave exactly on time if we were to make it home by late afternoon.

The young solider, a Cadet perhaps, notices my dampened mood. He begins to panic, his blond hair falling over his forehead.

"I tried to tell him you gave us orders already but, he refused to listen," he explains hastily.

I take in a deep breath refraining myself to loose control of my temper. I force myself to bring a smile to my face. I pat the teenager on his shoulder, assuring him it was okay.

"It's alright," I tell him. "I'll talk to him. Thank you for sticking by my orders."

When a small glint in my eyes appear, it somehow caused him to blush lightly at the sight. He blinks rapidly before turning his attention away from me.

"I-It's nothing! Just following orders. . ." He makes haste to his comrades, all too flustered to stay by me any longer. My smile fades, my mood become fouler by the minute.

"What the hell is he doing?" I grumble irritably. I wasn't about to go and find Levi to tell him off. That was asking to disobey Erwin's orders.