48.

Chapter 48 | Skateboarding

Isabella:

Lucas surprisingly goes back to his own house after Mia drops us off, claiming his parents have plans to go out into town today which means his house would be empty.

I push away the flash of disappointment that shoots through me as a I watch his figure retreat into his own house after I quickly head inside and pass him his bag that he had bought over yesterday.

For the remainder of the day, I find myself bored out of my mind. My home is significantly quieter without Lucas' bustling presence and it's the most quiet it's been all week.

I decide to watch some Netflix and even read a little on my old Kindle that I had found after unpacking mere months ago and that's how I spend the rest of my day until it hits 9 o clock and I decide to get an early night in.

As I clamber into bed, I'm expecting to fall asleep straight away but unfortunately that does not happen.

My mind isn't particularly swirling with thoughts to keep me awake but I still don't seem to be tired either so after restlessly rolling around for what feels like hours, I reach for my phone on my night stand.

My phone is dry as per usual, just a couple of messages from our group chat where Dylan was crying about how he felt left out today that we all went to lunch together whilst he had been stuck at his little cousins house but that's where the messages end. I scroll on instagram and tiktok for a while, watch people snapchat stories waiting for that drowsiness to hit but it still doesn't come.

With an frustrated sigh I chuck my phone down on the bed beside me. I hadn't shut my curtains properly so there is a sliver of light coming through the window, indicating that Lucas is still awake.

Should I message him?

But message him with what exactly? We don't exactly text back and forth regularly.

Sometimes he sends me instagram memes and tiktoks but his humour is dead so they're never funny and that's about it.

My phone pings with a notification, snapping me out of my thoughts and I blindly look for it amongst my blankets.

When I have the phone in my hand and the screen lights up, I have to blink twice to check if I'm seeing things.

It's a message from Lucas. Damn, can the guy hear my thoughts or something?

Not caring about waiting for the text to marinate before replying, I click the on the notification immediately.

***

Unknown number

Lucas: Hey are you awake?
My parents have come home rip

Me: Yeah, I'm awake

Lucas: Good, you wanna
go on an adventure? ;)

Me: Sure

Lucas: Huh?

Lucas: Is this autocorrect
or am I reading this wrong?
You actually said yes???????

Me: Yes, I can't sleep

Lucas: Aw Belly, you're warming
up to me! That is so sweet :)

Me: Okay, I'm changing my mind

Lucas: NONONO I'm just kidding,
meet me outside by my car in 5