Chapter 27: Returning Home

Everyone

3rd Person POV

The week soon ended and that the everyone was ready to leave the place of their past selves. Even the spirits were anxious to leave back to where their reincarnation selves lived. They wanted to see the peace that they had created from the past. But as they can see it... their selves were perfectly happy where they were... and that the trip brought some couples back together, as they were.

As they took the bus to the airport, everyone looked back, feeling a sense that they were leaving a place where they belonged. Now... their past memories engraved in their heads, now being a part of reality. No longer a dream... but something that they will forever remember.

"Hey... Levi..." He turns to see Hanji holding his hand, remembering his fear of planes. "You okay?" Her eyes were littered with worry, not knowing what was going on in his head.

He nods, "I-I'm fine..." 

Soon, they were getting ready to leave, both Lisa and Charlie Kirschtein were watching them leave, along with Violet Reiss. It made Jean uncomfortable when he was around Lisa and Charlie, and he thought it was because they were related by their last name. The same thing with Historia, knowing that she and Violet shared the same name, and almost the same physical look.

"Well... it was nice of you guys to come here and learn about some of your ancestors." Lisa says with a smile, looking at Erwin with a small interest. "And I hope some of you guys would come back and visit."

Erwin's cheeks blushed as Lisa looked at him. "W-We can hopefully make some arrangements in the future to come back here... it was amazing to know such a history here..."

She smiles, "I would love it if you guys came back. Now... have a safe flight back."

Levi shudders as he hears those words. "We better... else I would never go on a plane in my entire life."

Hanji laughs, kissing his cheek, "Whatever, midget. Now, we gotta go and check in." She says as she checks her phone. Plane leaves in half an hour... and we wouldn't want to miss that."

"Agreed." Erwin says as he goes to shake Lisa's hand once more, feeling her touch. "Hopefully, we can find each other again."

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

As we board the plane, I couldn't help but give a sly smile to Erwin. Finally, he gotten over me and that he had someone to care for. Heck, even Levi knew that something was going on. "Oi... what's with the smirk, four-eyes?"

Then, I started to playfully sing, even with Erwin nearby. He sat in the aisle next to me, so he heard my very words. "Someone couldn't handle it when he has a crush... even when he has to leave her-"

"Four-eyes-"

"Oi!" Levi's voice raised, which caused some people to stare at him, but Levi ignored everyone. "That's my nickname for her. You don't have any permission to call her that." He says with a growl... to me, it sounded cute to know that he stands up for me.

Erwin shrugged, "Still. Stop it, Hanji."

"Why? 'Cause it's true?"

"Hanji..." I turned to see Levi holding my hand tightly and that he pulled me close... in the very protective way, "Just ignore him."

Smirking, I wanted to make another joke. "Alright, midget... now, get some rest."

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever." Those were his last words before his eyes fluttered so cute... soon, we'll be back home... and the only thing we get to take home is the memories and the fact that we're a couple now- oh, can't forget the souvenirs.

Man, I get to take home a green cape with a symbol on the back that made it so... beautiful. I loved the fact that the symbol was a pair of wings on the back... so beautiful. Also, a small key-chain with the same symbol. Oh, I can't wait to show it off to the other people, make them jealous.

Whispering into Levi's ear, I chuckled a bit. "I love you... my little clean~freak..." Turning back to Erwin, I smirked. Man, I was a trouble-maker today. "You should call her when we land, Erwin."

He waves it away, "Shut up. I do not like her-"

"Stop your lying, Erwin. That's why you're lonely like that."

*   *   *

Annie's POV

What's more beautiful then knowing that the best boyfriend in the world gave me the perfect gift? A crystal necklace that had a tint of blue in it. Some say that they are real crystals from the enemies that they fought against. Some say, it's fake. But either way, it was beautiful.

My fingers twiddled with the crystal... and I loved it. The feeling of it... oh, so smooth and everything. "You like it, Annie?" Armin asks as he kisses my cheek.

Smiling... he was cute. I can't believe that I was cold to him when we first met... and now, he managed to grow on me, making me laugh and smile. Then... I fell for him... "It's beautiful... Armin... I love it so much..."

His smile was the most beautiful thing I ever seen... "I'm glad you loved it..."

Leaning against his shoulders, I took in his warmth... he was so warm on this cold airplane, so I held tightly on his arm. "I love you..." Those were my last words before I drifted to sleep. The way Armin combs my hair through his fingers were so relaxing. The way he stroked my cheek, calmed me down. What did I do to deserve such a boyfriend like him?

*   *   *

3rd Person POV

When they were up in the air, Levi struggled to sleep, so he gripped onto Hanji's hand the whole entire time. She noticed it, and she strokes her hand through his raven black hair, calming him down. When Erwin turns his head to look over, he felt a pang of jealousy. He saw how cute Hanji was as she stroked his hair back to calm him down.

Eren was too busy staring out the window, and too energetic to sleep or to rest. Mikasa cautiously looked at him, wanting to help him if he gets his nightmares again. Her hand was holding his, and never forgetting his kiss from that day on the beach. She wonders if that was something that will only happen once... or it would happen more often.

Jean and Marco were too busy sleeping as they held their hands together. Their breaths were steady and never-awakening from their slumbers. Heck, they were so peaceful as they slept.

And soon... they would arrive and their old souls will forever be hidden behind their reincarnation selves.