Chapter 24: First Night

Everyone

3rd Person POV

Everyone slept in the their rooms within the castle in Wall Sina. The halls were silent, except the echoing footsteps of the security people and other staff members who took care of the castle. After thousands of years... it manages to still stand without any signs of it falling apart.

Since Hanji was afraid of sleeping by herself in her bed in a new place... she cuddled with Levi in his bed. Her glasses were on the windowsill, and that there was a candle still lit next to it.

Levi looks up, watching the flame whipping in the air as Hanji buries her face into his shoulders. His arms were wrapped, protectively, around her, holding her tight. As he stared into that flame, he wonders why he confessed those secret feelings that he had for her. He had no control over his actions... like someone else was controlling him.

"L-Levi..."

Her sweet voice wakes him from that burning trace. As he stares into her hazel eyes, her bangs littered her beautiful face. He chuckles softly, pushing them behind her ears before kissing her on her sweet lips. "What's wrong? You got everything... especially me."

She chuckles, wrapping her weak arms around the young boy's neck. "I know... and I'm glad that I chose you as my boyfriend, Levi Ackerman. The most emo boy I ever met-"

"Excuse me, emo?" His eyes looked so dreamy to Hanji; she blushes anytime she saw those gorgeous eyes... "I think you meant, bad boy... because, emo people- like me- wouldn't capture a beauty and a nerd's heart like yours. Actually, I stole it."

Within Hanji's mind, she loved seeing his smirk, being a devil... "Yes you did..." She leans close to him, wanting another kiss, but her eyelids felt so heavy... she couldn't keep them open.

She kisses her final kiss for the day, falling asleep while doing so. Levi chuckles, "Damn you're so cute..." He says, blowing the candle up before cuddling with Hanji in his strong, powerful arms.

* * *

Eren started to twitch in his sleep, breathing heavily as he receives more nightmares. This time, it was powerful... perhaps they grew stronger because of the place... the original place where he experiences these memories which appears as nightmares.

Mikasa started to notice the changes as well. She had a candle lit on the table between them, watching as her crush started to experience the horrors of his past life. She never wanted to interfere, afraid that he would accidentally hit her.

"No... don't hurt me..." He says under his breath.

Then suddenly, Mikasa couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't bear to see him suffering in his sleep... couldn't stand that he had nightmares this terrible. So, she slowly uncurls herself from her little ball and made her way, slowly, towards him. Her shaking hand reached for his shoulder, afraid still.

Softly, like a mother's lullaby, she carefully wakes him in her soothing voice. "Eren... get up..."

"No!" He jumps from his bed, throwing his blanket off his sweaty body. His breathing became heavy and he pushed himself against the wall, panting. His pupils were small, his hand over his heart, feeling it beat. Eren slowly turns to Mikasa, "M-Mikasa..."

She smiles, her hand pulling Eren's hand away from his heart. "You were having a nightmare..."

Eren sighs, shaking his head, slowly gathering his breath. "Sorry if I scared you, Mikasa... I can't control my dreams..."

Mikasa sighs as well, sitting next to him, leaning close. "Would it be okay if I asked you what they were about?"

"I mean... do you really want to know my nightmares? Someone like you shouldn't-"