Chapter 5: The Food Freak

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha and Jean

Eren's POV

By the time lunch rolled around, my stomach grumbled loudly. We weren't allowed to have snacks in the classrooms, but it wasn't fair to the kids who were eating snacks while they were being taught. I was alone in this classroom, and there was this girl, eating potato chips in her bag! Like, come on. They crunch so loudly in your mouth! How did she not get caught?!

Anyways, I walked down to the courtyard, seeing Mikasa and Armin already saving us a seat. Then, I saw that girl again after taking a seat. "Hm? Eren, is everything okay?" Armin asks as he sees that I was staring at that girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Could it be you have an attraction to that girl?" Mikasa asks before taking a bite into a sandwich that Mom made for us. 

Sometimes, she angers me. Acting like my second mother or something...  "What? No. Earlier, I saw her just eating food in classes. She was just crazy..."

That's when she met up with a bald guy, and some guy with a horse-face shaped head. Then they were walking past us. I heard that voice, so proper and weird as she held another bag of potato chips.

Quickly eating my sandwich to get to my mom's amazing chocolate brownies, leaving the carrots to the side. I never did like eating them, but I can tolerate them if I eat them with ranch. One bite into that oozing chocolate brownie, and it made my life happier. The warm chocolate flowed out of it, and the bits and pieces of chocolate was amazing. They weren't hard, nor was it too soft. Just perfect.

While I was enjoying my brownie, the girl and her small group sat with us at the table. She giggled loudly as they took their seat, "Is it alright if we sit here?"

I didn't want to answer, nor did Mikasa wanted to. Armin's the guy that I rely on to get me out of these kinds of situations. "S-Sure..." They were resistant to leave, so I could tell that he just allowed them to stay.

The girl with reddish hair giggled again. "Name's Sasha. That guy is Connie and the other is Jean." She says, pointing to the other people. "Thanks for letting us sit here. Jeez, so crowded."

I looked around, seeing it was crowded. And then, I see those two people, the ones we saw this morning, sitting by the cherry blossom tree. They seemed... oddly out of place. The guy seemed completely obsessive with the girl. Staring at the other kids, forcing them away. His cold eyes stared right into my soul, sending shivers down my back. 

Looking away, I see Sasha tossing her bag of her empty potato chips and walking back. She reaches into her bag, pulling out another bag of potato chips. Just seeing that made me fill up on rage. She eats and eats over and over. 

Jean started to laugh, "Yeah, but that's what we get when we're too busy trying to stand in line when there's a bunch of seniors in our way. They think they're so powerful-"

"Oi, you gonna keep talking like that to them, horse-face? Or are you gonna shut up and eat your food before classes start up again?"

His hand crumples up into a fist, "What did you say? What did you call me?"

"I called you a 'horse-face' and I think it fits well with you."

We both stood up to see each other's face clearly. My fists clenched in anger and I was ready to lands some punches. Our hands laid on each others shoulders, almost trying to figure out who was gonna hit first.

That boy earlier stepped in, forcing us apart. The girl, I think her name was Hanji, if I remember correctly. "Come on. First day at school, and you're starting with a fight? What's wrong with you people?"

The girl behind her draped his arms over the boy, "Levi, come on... I don't think he was gonna actually start a fight. I mean, look at them. They're just angry over something so little. If so, they them handle it like adults, meaning arguments and all that. No need to actually jump in, okay?"

The boy, I presume was Levi... sighed. "Just, don't let it go out of hand, okay?" He takes Hanji's arm and he takes her back to the tree.

After hearing that, my fists lowered, and Armin seemed to breath properly now. "I'll take his advice."

"Yeah." Jean replies as we both sit down to the benches.

Sasha grabs a sandwich from her bag, "Well... that was interesting."

I felt that Jean stared at her in anger as well. How could she be eating as we were about to fight? Heck, even Armin stopped eating his brownie as he watched in fear as we were about to fight each other.

"Huh?! Sasha! You're a food freak!" Jean shouted, causing everyone to stare at us.

"Yeah, come on, okay? Enough with the food."

All she does was shrug her head off. "What? I'm hungry."

"Doesn't give you a reason to act like that, okay?" I say. She doesn't seem that bad, if it wasn't her food addiction being this bad. Man, there's no way I'm gonna date her... too insane.

Sasha's eyes glimmered with stars and lights, "I'm just a food freak, okay?"

"H-How would you feel if I called you Potato~Girl?" Jean says, making me snicker. Armin glared at me when I snickered. His eyes just stared at me, shouting at me to shut up. Saying, 'Stop it, Eren.'

Rolling my eyes, I knew that they would be friends... somehow. Looking over at Connie, I see him staring at Sasha with one of those weird looks. Pushing it away... I can't think that he might have feeling for her, but then I looked back at Jean as he was too busy looking at Mikasa. One weird thing happened... what I felt. It felt that we quarreled before. 

It wasn't as bad as when I first met Mikasa... but those dreams that I keep having... ugh, I seen his ugly face before. In my dreams. I seen it in 3rd person... seeing myself beat that guy up. Seeing myself in that uniform... just working in that nightmare. Makes myself smile when I saw him on the ground.

The nightmare I had about Mikasa... holding a knife that was stained with blood... and she was in a white dress, looking sad in a red scarf... Armin... I remember my nightmare about him. I seen him, bullied by similar bullies today, back in elementary school.

Seeing Sasha was something similar to my dreams. Seeing a girl that ate potatoes and stole meat... whatever, she was the food freak here.