Chapter 2: First Day

Part 2: Eren, Mikasa, and Armin

Armin's POV

I waited in the kitchen area, eating the eggs that Mrs. Jaeger- she told me to call her Carla... she told me that I was welcome to eat breakfast anytime I wanted. A few minutes ago, Mikasa left the table to wake Eren... as he overslept. He's always been late, and I never really did figure out why he acted like that. Dr. Jaeger was sitting next to me, sipping his coffee and Carla was too busy making all of our lunches.

It was a bold, yet a stupid move... "Dr. Jaeger? I have a question... a medical one..."

"Oh? What's the question, Armin?"

"What's wrong with Eren? He's becoming a bit... extreme..." Instead of eating the eggs, I played with it, flipping it over and over, across the plate.

Dr. Jaeger started to chuckle, "You're worried about him? I thought I had enough to deal with when Mikasa came over, then puberty hit her... aren't you a bit young to know this-"

"Dr. Jaeger, what's wrong with Eren?"

He started to chuckle again, "Like I said for Mikasa, he hit puberty... and soon, you will too." Thankfully, Eren came down- physically hurting.

It hurts when you wear socks on your feet and going down any type of stairs. Hurts when you go down the stairs when it's carpet, especially tall carpets, makes you slide anytime. When it's wood, painful. Your feet could slip and as you fall down, your back isn't greeted with carpet, but the sharp edge of the wooden stairs. 

So, Eren tripped and fell down the wooden stairs. His feet went up and his back started to hit the stairs. Mikasa walked behind him as he cried while falling down. "Gah!" Once he reached at the bottom of the stairs, he rubbed his spine and his tailbone. "Oww... that hurts..."

"Well, if you don't run down the stairs like that, you won't get hurt." Mikasa sighed behind her red scarf and that I watched Eren recover from his fall. 

"Come on, give me a break... we're late..." He walks over to me, smiling, "Oh hey, Armin! I didn't know you were here."

"Yeah... hurry up, Eren. Please? School's gonna start soon... I don't wanna be late, especially on our first day at junior high. Not to mention that this is our first day there as a freshman. I wanna make a good impression on the others, okay?"

Eren nodded, "Yeah..."

Carla walked over with a plate full of eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. "Now Eren, sit down and eat. And I want you to eat the whole thing before you leave home, understand?"

He listens to his mother's words, "Yes Mom..."

Sighing, I knew I couldn't leave until this last piece of egg was gone. Once it disappeared into nonexistence, I grabbed my plate and walked over to the sink. Carla didn't notice that there was a stranger with her in the kitchen.

Her reaction when I turned the water on to wash the plate was surprised, panting hard from fear. "Armin, you don't have to wash the dishes. I'm here to do that while you guys go and learn from school."

"Mrs. Jaeger... please, I would love to do the dishes for you. Me washing dishes is a favor paid back for the eggs."

Carla must like the formality as she giggled, "Oh Armin... it's okay." She hands me a plastic bag, filled with lunch. "You can have some lunch as well."