Chapter 18: The Fall Dance

Everyone

Eren's POV

"Damn it..." I say under my breath as Mom ties my tie. She was so rough with her hands as she pulled to tighten them.

"Oi! What did I say about cursing in this house, Eren Jaeger?!" She shouts at me.

"M-Mom! You can't treat me like a child-"

"You are a child- my own child." She took a deep breath, stepping back to see me in this stupid suit she made me wear. "My own little boy..."

Turning to the mirror, I saw why she was helping me. I wore a black suit with long black pants, and Mom said that I would look better with a dark blue tie. Moving the collar, I groaned and started to complain about. "It's hot... and scratchy..."

She sighs, "Eren... just... have fun, okay? Glad you're taking Mikasa to the dance with you..." She says right when Mikasa was coming down the stairs.

"Yes... Mom..." Sighing, I looked up to see Mikasa, "Come on, we're gonna-"

Seeing Mikasa in her light gray dress and a fancy red scarf around her neck... who knew that she was that cute looking...? She wore her black flats and she looked nervous as she walked down... especially when she was near me.

Mom looked at her, "Aww... if it isn't my friend's daughter that looks as beautiful as you!"

"Thank you, Carla..."

"Now, please... have fun at the dance. Armin's grandfather's picking you guys up, along with Annie, okay?"

"Yes Mom..."

"Have fun."

We walked outside, waiting for Armin's grandfather. A gust of cold wind blew past, and I hear Mikasa shivering. In my arms, I had a black jacket, and at the moment, I didn't need it. Mikasa had short sleeves, so of course she was freezing her butt off!

Taking that jacket, I covered her shoulders with it. "E-Eren..."

"You need it more than I do." I say once the van pulls up.

Light gray and all.. of course it was Armin's grandfather. The door slides open and I see Armin in a black suit, just like me. Except, he had a light blue tie. He smiles at us, "What are you guy waiting for?! Get in!"

*   *   *

Armin's POV

"Thanks!" Eren shouts as I got out to let them sit in the back seats.

"No problem!"

"So, where to next, Armin?" Grandpa asks as everyone was settled in the van.

Smiling, I knew who to go to next. "Annie's house."

"You're the boss."

As we drove towards her house... constantly, I fixed my tie and nervously played with my fingers. I decided to make up my mind... that I will ask her to be my girlfriend. I don't mind it at all... but it was just nervous to tell Eren that she was gonna be my girlfriend... and that asking her officially made me very uneasy.

One thing that worried me was Bertholdt... the last time I saw him was on the first day of school... staring me down as if he was gonna kill me... now, I don't see him anywhere... was it good or bad?

"Ah, Annie, right?" Grandpa asks as the door slides open.

"Yes Mr. Arlert."

I turned to see Annie wearing a light blue dress, spaghetti straps, revealing some of her skin. Here hair was up in her usual bun, and she carried a gray jacket with her. Seeing her... wow... I instantly fell for her looks.