Chapter 11: Falling For You

Levi, Hanji, and Erwin {Changed my mind about Ymir and Christa/Historia}

Levi's POV

Opening my eyes to be greeted the 3rd day of school, I finally decided something that I should've done weeks ago, during the summer break. I ensured that I packed money, knowing that Hanji would want some food after school... my hair was combed straight, and double-checking that my homework was complete. Everything should be perfect for today... since I'm finally asking Hanji out.

After all my morning chores, I ate some morning toast with just plain butter. Everything must be toasted perfectly... unlike four-eyes. Sometimes, I don't question why she eats her food like that... actually, I don't question a lot of things that she does. Lesson learned, never question Hanji's actions. Glaring at the clock, seeing how the time was ticking at 8:00 in the morning. Looking back to the stairs, listening to the apartment, silent. "Great day to start, Hanji. Waking up late, as usual." I say, rolling my eyes as I said them.

Climbing up the stairs, I realized that I was deaf. Faintly, Hanji's hip hop music started to play, emitting from her room. In front of her door, I hear her voice, so mesmerizing. How have I never heard her sing? She has the most beautiful voice I ever heard... I leaned against her door, closing my eyes, I pictured her in my head... singing.

I accidentally pushed against the door so hard, that I felt the door move, making me fall into her brightly lit room. There she was, her music playing loud, and she was sitting on her bed, with a brush in her hand. Sitting up, I see her face, blushing madly.

Heck, I even felt my face burn up. "H-Hanji! S-Sorry about that!"

Why should I be sorry? She was the most amazing singer... instead of her getting mad at me, she laughed, no, giggled. "L-Levi... I didn't expect you to drop in so suddenly..." Why is her giggles making me stand and walk to her? No control over anything... my soul was rendered useless...

"I-I came to wake you up... why are you up this early?"

She laughs once more... waking me from my trace, just a bit. I realized that I was sitting next to her, my hand hovering over hers... jeez! I was about to hold her hand... "I felt that something was gonna happen... or my tangled hair started to bother me. Anyways, I couldn't stand brushing my hair in silence, so I played some music."

"I heard you sing."

Once I mentioned that, her face turned into a pale tomato. Seeing how pink and red it was... oh, it was cute... making me blush- why are you making me so weak, Hanji?! Hearing my heart beat faster with every passing second... oh! Being this close to her... she took my breath away, soon, my heart...

"You sounded-"

"Terrible. I know. I-I'm working on it."

Now, I just made the greatest mistake in my life. I took her hand, holding it close to my stomach, I loved being near her... "Terrible? Hanji, you were amazing! Why join the science club if you have the greatest voice I ever heard?"

"Amazing? Tell that to the choir kids. Told me my voice wasn't what they wanted in their club... so I bailed."

"Bailed? Whatever they said, they were wrong. I mean it. Like, I never knew you sang."

"Really?"

"Of course." Without thinking straight, I made my mistake. "I would love it if we made a band together and played for the school." Great, I cannot rewind time back... and there was no way that she would say no to that opportunity.

Hanji grew a smile on her face, "And what would you do?"

"I can try and sing."

"Sing? You? Wouldn't be surprised if you sang..."