Chapter 7: Causal Moments

Levi, Hanji, and Erwin

Levi's POV

Everyone carried on as normal after Hanji left. I just sat on a stool, just fidgeting with some pieces of paper I found. I only hoped that Hanji was okay... and that I want to help her in any way.

The way she walked inside the lab, rubbing at her eyes. One peak at them, and I saw that they were strained with red colors. She packed up her stuff, "Hey... I'm gonna leave." She says to her club members.

Moblit nodded, "I'll take care of the club."

I packed my stuff up as well. Wherever Hanji went, I went with her. She never spoke another word as we left the school. The halls were empty, almost creepy when I heard my footsteps echoing down as we walked. As what you expected on the first day, some couples were making out in the corners. Makes me wonder if that would happen to me one day... if Hanji knows about my feelings that just grew out of nowhere. 

Ever since this day ever started... my feelings seemed... amplified. Those kids in the courtyard... that one boy with the brown hair and rare green eyes. One sight of him, and I got myself a headache. Like I dealt with him before... ugh, I don't even want to talk about him anymore.

Looking at Hanji, she seemed... not herself. She's always talkative... and now, she's silent. Knowing that, it's never a good thing. "What's wrong with you?"

"Hm?" Her eyes never lifted from the road up ahead. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

Her pace increases in speed, and I tugged on her arm, pulling her back. "What?! Levi, what do you want?!"

I stared right into her eyes. "I want you to tell me everything. Please."

"Why do you want to know?"

I felt everything release out of me. All my resistance to hold back... it wouldn't hold. It just... broke me. "Because I'm worried." Too late. My tongue kept speaking as I tried so hard to stop myself. "Worried about you, okay? We have some work to do, and after that phone call, you come back, crying."

"I wasn't crying-"

"So tell me. Where were you? Crying in the girls' bathroom?"

"No!" Her head drooped down, "... yes..." She says weakly. "Levi, please..."

"Please what?" I gently tugged on her, "Come on... let's head home."

Once I got her back to her feet, almost home, she finally speaks again. And when she spoke... oh, the view was beautiful. There's always that gap between apartment buildings... and this gap was just purely beautiful.

The sun was setting behind hills, mountains were behind us... the rays of light flickered orange streaks across the pink and blue sky. Seeing that... I remember a dream that I had... just a couple weeks ago... when I saw a similar view like this one.

Looking down, I was on stone. On a wall... I turned behind me, seeing tiny houses below me... turning back, I saw the sunset again. In both of my hands, I saw two blades. I remember scoffing in the dream... putting them in... scabbards? For some reason, I unhooked something around my neck, seeing I was wearing a cape. Like a real superhero. The one thing that caught my eye was that pair of wings. 

Placing it on the stone wall, I sat down on it, watching the sun set. This whooshing sound... it sounded... so beautiful. Then, I looked at the person who approached. Hanji... her name was so familiar, and why was she in my dream?

I felt myself smirk at her, "Hey four-eyes."

She laughed... oh, that similar laugh that the real one made... "Clean~freak... shorty... all the nicknames I can call you..." She sits down, leaning against me. I felt her breath in and out... how much I loved it... weird... "Beautiful view, right?"