Chapter 9: Crush

Sasha and Connie

Sasha's POV

My nightmares began as usual. Feeling this sharp pain around my stomach area... the pain started to spread throughout my whole entire body, and I felt myself collapse onto the ground. My back hitting the wooden floor, feeling this weird feeling of being able to fly. Faintly, I see Connie, with longer hair. His worried eyes were worried about me, as usual.

I tried to reach for him, but I couldn't. Desperately, he asked for me to keep hanging on. But then, I just faded... away. Hearing him call out my name. The noises blurred as a saw a kid, her dark hair and eyes reminded me of Eren.

"Sasha!"

Waking up, panting with no breath. Sweat started to drip from my forehead and my panting slowed down. I turned on my fan, tucking myself back into bed. These nightmares seems so real... but they're just dreams... just dreams. Why is it so real?

*   *   *

There was no school today. First day of school was yesterday, to understand the school, yet the older students had school. Bet they weren't too happy about the freshmen getting the day off. My phone started to ring, seeing Connie's name across the phone.

Smiling, I picked it up. "Connie?"

"Hey. I wanna ask you something."

"Anything."

He sighed, sounding nervous. "Um... I-I was wondering... um... if you wanna come over or hang out at the new mall? Since we moved here about 3 weeks ago, we haven't had the chance to explore around here, right?"

I chuckled, "Alright... sure, let's head over to the mall."

"Okay. When can you come over?"

"Um... in a couple minutes. Lemme get dressed and I'll come over. I already had breakfast, so when we go to the mall, we can grab some lunch."

"You sure you're gonna buy snacks when we first get there?"

Groaning, I know how much he knew about my addiction to food, and he tries to sober me up. Never works. "I'll try not to."

He chuckles on the other side, "Okay! See you in... 10 minutes?"

"It's a date!"

Connie didn't hang up, instead he stayed on the phone, in awe of what my words said. "D-Date?" He stutters with those words. "I-I never said it's a date-"

Laughing my head off, I reassured him, "Relax. It's just a phrase. I know it's not a date... we're good friends, right?"

He chuckles a nervous laugh, "Y-Yeah... y-you're right... just friends..."

"See you then."

*   *   *

Connie's POV

Just waiting for Sasha as I hung around in my apartment. It felt that I already knew what she was gonna do. She would buy herself a snack, either before coming here, to the mall, or when we get to the mall.

I was dressed, kinda casually. Ripped dark blue pants and a white t-shirt. I also wore a tan jacket around my waist... wondering what Sasha was wearing.

With the ringing doorbell, Thomas Wagner opened the door. "Ah, Sasha."

I looked at the door, seeing her wearing a brown skirt and a white blouse. Her hair was tied up in her usual ponytail. "Sasha!"