Chapter 12: Daydreaming

Ymir and Historia

Ymir's POV

8:49 am in Social Studies Class

What a waste. Why should we learn about our past if we need to focus on our future? And speaking of future... I gazed at my partner, Historia Reiss. With one gaze, I felt my lesbian feelings grow towards her... and I have no way of telling if she's like me or if she likes guys instead.

"Ah, Ymir. I haven't heard your voice since we first had class." Mr. Williams points to me, having everyone's focus on me. "Please, tell me-"

"No." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Ymir, plea-"

"I said no."

Historia elbows me in my arm, "Ymir! Answer his question!"

I looked down at her, seeing her crystal blue eyes shining at me. "Heh, why should I? Not like I care about history, I mean, why focus on the past if we have to look to the future?"

Mr. Williams nodded, "I should give you detention, Ymir. But, I'm giving you another chance. Tomorrow, give me that attitude, you will get detention."

Rolling my eyes, I just didn't care. Not my fault I was forced to enroll in this school... I didn't want to... but after Historia started to help me, off the streets and encouraging me to go here. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Historia's goddess nature, I would still be there.

But then, Historia then pinched me on the arm, and I retaliated with a small cry. "Ymir! Stop being so stubborn, please!" She begs me to... and I fell for her. Who wouldn't fall for a queen like her?

"Ugh, fine..." I say, rolling my eyes again.

We were walking through the forest, with nothing. More like a survival training to see how well we can survive there for a week. Krista was walking around, gazing over the scenery. I could tell she was nervous, her hand clutched on her chest, staring with fear.

But what calmed her was the forest's song. The birds started to sing, as if they knew their goddess' pain and fear. The sun came through the treetops, letting these lights dance on the dark, forest floor. The soft soil of the ground had my feet sank deep under. But what was beautiful was the smell. The smell of the trees and the plants was so... breathless. You could even taste the air... so delicious, making my stomach grumble. I hear the sound of running water, which made my throat dry.

We were only gone for a couple hours, and I haven't had the chance to take a drink. Tapping Krista lightly, I made sure that she was calm enough. "Oi, I think there's a river nearby."

She smiles, "Okay." Man, she was a goddess-

"Ymir!" What a daydream... it felt that I had to be near her... to protect her... to love her... I turned to Historia, where she was poking me constantly..

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"You're... daydreaming again. Or, sleeping with your eyes open, as you call it." She gives me this look at me, pouting and all. Sometimes, she acts like a drama queen. My type.

Smirking at her, I realized that I truly do have feelings for her. "Sure I am, Historia. Hey, maybe when we're done with school, you should marry me!"

Mr. Williams turns towards me, "Ymir? Off task, are we?"

Then, Historia covers for me, the lovely, beautiful goddess of all time protects me. Oh, I loved her... too bad she doesn't know my true feelings towards her. "A-Ah! Mr. Williams! Y-Ymir got confused about our task of writing our family history!"