四十一 Fourty-One四十一

Chapter Forty-One: It'll Be Okay
W/C: 1541

Uzui's falu red eyes widened. Miyake's gaze turning dark while demon's heads slowly rolled closer and closer to each other, until they were face to face, their bodies slowly disintegrated. Their expressions boiled into those of anger and hatred for each other.

The brother demon, Gyutaro, began scowling at his sister, "Since you can't do a damn thing yourself, you could've at least finished off the Hashira!"

"Then you should've controlled me so that I could do that! But you did nothing! You let your guard down!" Daki, the sister, screamed back.

Gyutaro narrowed his green slime-like eyes, "Look, if you're going to call yourself an Upper Rank..." he trailed off, before being violently interrupted by his sister. 

"Hey! You're the idiot here!" Daki screamed back, her beautiful kanji-written eyes tearing up in an uncharacteristically emotional way, "No one as ugly as you... could possibly be my brother."

Miyake's bored facade slowly faded into one of apathy, he slowly knelt beside the two, as their screams and arguing got louder and louder, their insults and deep-rooted anger coming out with every scowl and scoff the other let out.

"I bet you and I... aren't even related by blood! We don't even look anything alike! You're so useless! Your one saving grace is your strength! Nothing else! You have no value at all if you lose! You worthless, ugly freak!"

"Grr... Don't give me that crap! If you were on your own, you'd be long dead by now! How many times have I saved you?! You're the worthless one, and you know it. You're weak, and you have no value whatsoever! I wish I hadn't protected someone like you all this time! If it hadn't been for you, my life would've been different! Right, if it hadn't been for you!"

Gyutaro didn't notice Tsukumo getting closer to the two dying demons.

"Why do I always have to clean up your messes? You just never should've been born--"

Daki began sobbing loudly, her brows furrowed as her head disintegrated before Gyutaro. Gyutaro's eyes widened in fear and regret, he didn't get to apologize! Wait, just one moment, that's all he needed, one moment! All he needed, in order to fix what he had said to his only blood, was a moment he no longer had.

"Ume!"

Gyutaro's fading eyes realized something, "That's right. My little sister's name was Ume. Not Daki. What a god-awful name."

Miyake sighed, feeling graciously impatient. Miyake stood back up, raising his boot before stomping on Gyutaro's head, finishing him off, "Damn loud-mouths."

Uzui slumped against the tattered down wall, eyes still unfocused as he stared back at Miyake, who was unfazed and not paying any attention to Uzui. Uzui was in shock, that was the first time he had ever seen Miyake use his breathing style. And it was so damn fast he couldn't even really see it. Uzui looked up upon hearing Miyake stalk closer.

Miyake grazed a gentle hand over to Uzui's face, cradling it, "Tengen, are you alright?"

"Miyake, your eye... can you open it?"

Miyake scoffed, "Always worried about everyone but yourself, seems unfortuitous, doesn't it? Besides," he adds, "I don't think I can open it right now anyway."

Uzui let out a shaky breath, leaning slowly into Miyake's touch, "We need to-"

"God Hashira! Let us take care of you right away, you are bleeding a lot!" A, familiar to Miyake, Kakushi slammed open the paper doors. Her eyes trembling and body anxious as she saw the strongest Hashira bleeding profusely.