六 sɪx 六

Chapter Six: Strange Accomplices W/C: 1596

W/C: 1596

"Have you gotten changed, Tanjiro?"

Tanjiro nodded with a hum, "Hai!"

Urokodaki crossed his arms, "Good."

Miyake had comical tears in his eyes, which were still irritated and already watery from his previous sickness, he sniffled, "My baby tsuguko is all grown up."

Tanjiro blushed waving his arms around, "Wah... wah?!!!"

{*}

As Urokodaki was giving Tanjiro a very good insight on the Demon Slayer uniform and his blade, Miyake fiddled outside in the evening sun.

Miyake felt the warm crisp sun on his ill stricken skin, pale and fragile looking, Miyake looked so weak. He didn't look like a Hashira, though, no one ever knew how he became one anyway.

Moving on.. Miyake's boring grey eyes found themselves landing upon a small bird, barely big enough to carry a letter. Though the beautiful wisteria embroidery that wrapped itself around the scarf on the raven made Miyake instantly calm.

Miyake lifted his hand gently, the crow gracefully landing on the hashira's open invitation, setting the letter down and nuzzling against Miyake's hand. Miyake smiled, and bid the crow a safe journey.

After looking away from the blinding sun, Miyake opened the letter, he almost didn't want to. The ocean blue wax seal with a gorgeous butterfly marking made Miyake want to keep the letters beauty selfishly to himself.

(He usually kept all of her gorgeous letters)

Though he opened it anyway, and giddily returned to Tanjiro, waving the letter around, "Tanjiro-Kun! Kaga- Master said I could accompany you on your journey!!"

With doctors approval of course...

Tanjiro grinned softly, rubbing his nape, "That's great!" He turned to Urokodaki, "Now- what we're you saying about-"

"Nothing." Urokodaki cut Tanjiro off strictly, making indirect eye contact with Tanjiro, "It's nothing, now, be careful on your mission. And be sure to visit."

Miyake's lips upturned in a genuine smile, knowing Urokodaki was going to miss his student, "We will be sure to visit very often."

Placing his hands on Tanjiro's shoulders, Urokodaki fixes his top button and box straps, patting the students shoulders, "Okay.."

Nodding to each other, Tanjiro waves Urokodaki farewell. Miyake following close by the teenager, and smugly smirking at Urokodaki, because for the second time; Miyake had stolen one of Urokodaki's students.

{*}

Running through the forest stealthily, was a fast and impeccable force, though silent and deadly. The wings of such a marvelous creature had never seen such disarray before.