二十九𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮二十九

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Should Have BeenW/C: 641

W/C: 641

{this is going to be super short because there isn't much to put here after I put it all in the last ch}

Miyake jolted awake, finding himself harboring a major migraine from all of the energy his reincarnations exerted while trying to protect him. Miyake had a newfound respect for Mayike.

Miyake slowly looks around, his eyes burning and forcing his body to blink, "Kyō-Kyōjurō?"

Miyake sees a girl standing in front of Rengoku with a needle like pin, he groans in pain before hurrying forward and cutting the ropes tied to Rengoku. Now it was up to Rengoku to wake up. The girl gasps in surprise as Miyake's looming figure holds her hand in place, albeit gently to her surprise.

He narrowed his eyes, "What're you doing?"

She huffs and pulls her arm away, "Let me continue! So that I can dream forever."

"You know, it's not real." Miyake says harshly, "It'll never be real, and you'll die trying to make up a false reality. Is your life really worth less than a dream?"

She clutched her needle, "And what do you know?"

Miyake tilts his head, his eyes dull and unfaltering, "The real question is, what don't you know? What do you really know about the demon behind these dreams?"

The girl paused and flinched, "..Wh...What do I know?"

{*}

Rengoku dreams about his brother, Tanjiro dreams of his family, Inosuke dreams of him as the ruler and his friends as his underlings, Zenitsu dreams of him and Nezuko frolicking around a forest.

Miyake was the only one awake on the train, he could feel and see the others flickering auras and soul. He didn't quite understand how to stop the people trying to harm the soul without killing them.

While Miyake is not opposed to killing humans and demons alike, he has done it before and has gotten into trouble. In his defense, the human's soul was as tainted and red as a demons.

Miyake fended off the humans and tried his best not to hurt anyone, he did break someone's arm when they went to reach for Tanjiro but we don't talk about that.

Miyake cursed, there was so little he could do currently. He tried his best to wake up the others but it was futile, they had to wake themselves up. Even with the ties broken and burning on the train floor, his comrades wouldn't wake up.

No matter how many demons he ran into, all of them refused to fight him, it was infuriating. Miyake did his best to tend to all of his friends, he made sure Rengoku was safe against the girl, he mad sure Tanjiro was comforted when he cried, and.... Well he didn't tend to the other two as it was useless.

Tanjiro was the next to wake up, he jolted awake while leaning on Rengoku's shoulder, he looked around quickly and on alert. He calmed down when he saw Miyake fighting off people with needle like pins. He ushered multiple people into the back of the train while fighting against the others.

Tanjiro looked over and saw that Rengoku was still asleep, he gulped when he saw the bruises on his neck, "The demon must've gotten to him before Aniki woke up."

Oh, Tanjiro... that's not- never mind. Tanjiro flinched when he heard a loud bang sauntering throughout the train. He hurriedly glanced over towards the noise and saw Miyake body slamming a man who tried to get to Rengoku.

Miyake glared down at the man, "Leave before I kill you."

The man sweat but held up his pride, "Y-You can't kill me! You're a de-demon slayer, it's again-against the rules!"

Miyake smirked dangerously and placed his hand on the man's faltering chest, "Watch me."