十八𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣十八

Chapter Eighteen: A Forged BondW/C: 1812

W/C: 1812

"Don't come near my family!"

The father demon yells out deeply, almost groaning as he readies to attack Inosuke, Miyake shielding the boar with his blade. The force of the shield sends the father demons backwards, skidding across the ground.

"You can't hurt me, right?" Miyake entwines his blade around his wrist, sheathing it into the ground, "If you want these kids, come get them."

The father demon grunts and goes for a side attack against Inosuke, in Miyake's seemingly blind spot. Though before he could, Tanjiro swooped in for an attack.

"Water breathing, Second Form! Water Wheel!"

His arm would not slice, even as Tanjiro put as much sheer force as he could amongst his blade, his attack was futile.

Tanjiro groaned as he tried his best to slice the demons arm, Miyake stood quietly, defending Inosuke lazily.

Tanjiro hissed out, "It's no good! The blade won't go through!"

Miyake's eyes widened slightly. He had never felt such a fear as he did when he saw the father demon aim an attack at Tanjiro. As quickly as he moved, his worry was gone as Miyake's translucent blade easily cut through the demons arm.

"Urah... URAAHHH!!! Don't come near my family!"

Tanjiro grips his blade tightly as he is sent flying by an erratic movement of the demon, Inosuke running around from behind Miyake and crying out to try and distract the father demon.

"Hey! What are you looking at?! I'm over here, curse you!"

Miyake deadpans, "After all I've done to keep you alive, and this is how you repay me?"

Inosuke jumps up, dodging a low blow from the father demons, Inosuke wields his blades deligently in his hands, "Aghhh!!!"

"Mm!"

Tanjiro's eyes widened, his breathing changing dramatically as he saw Miyake ditch his blade and shield Inosuke once again. Using his body to shield Inosuke as Miyake was thrown down by the father demon, harshly smashed into the ground.

"MIYAKE-ANIKI!"

Miyake's heart pounded against his rib cage, his mind fogged as he slowed his breathing down, particularly trying to o heal his ruptured lung.

The sound of fighting and hazardous attacks brought anxiety in Miyake's mind, he has never heard Tanjiro call him -aniki before. Was he severely injured? As far as he knew, he only ruptured his lungs and broke his shoulder.

Was it worse? Did he look bad? Miyake couldn't see as his vision blurred, he stumbled up. Getting up from the trench, he realized that Rui would be here any moment to punish the father demon, he smirked.