九 ɴɪɴᴇ 九

Chapter Nine: Temari and ArrowsW/C: 2596

W/C: 2596

(Hopefully this piece of fan art {not mine} makes up for the horrible chapter you are about to read, this was definitely one of the hardest episodes I have ever written. Thank you for reading though!)

"All the way till the break of dawn! Until you die!"

Miyake rolled his eyes, as Tanjiro watched in anxiousness as six more of the temari came for them, them ringing like little bells on a woman's dress. The temari seeming to be guided all on their own, Tanjiro was stiff as he gripped his sword, doing his best in dodging the rubble and the temari.

The house seemed to fall from above them, so much damage and debris, Miyake frowned as he wondered where Lady Tamayo and Yushiro would be staying after this. There was no way this place could still be safe for them.

Yushiro continued to protect Lady Tamayo, as Miyake did the same for the both of them. One of the temari brushed against Yushiro's cheek while another grazed Miyake's haori, cutting into the flesh and making both bleed. Of course, Yushiro was just fine.

"If I were to cast my spell now, Tanjiro and Miyake-San would be affected." Lady Tamayo thought, as she inched away from the falling dust, she gazed at her protector, "And besides, Yushiro needs time to prepare an attack."

Tanjiro frantically dodged the temari, as they hit and bounced from every corner, he would flip and turn away from the deadly field of the ball. Lady Tamayo frowned.

"If  this keeps going on... there it is again! Even though not hitting anything, the ball had changed trajectory so quickly!"

Tanjiro sliced the temari, as it hit against his shoulder, he flinched, "When I manage to slice the temari, they lose their force, but they still hit me anyway!" The ball disintegrates into a cloud of red marsh and black smoke.

Tanjiro nervously sweats, gracefully yet shakily continuing to avoid all of the temari attacks. Tanjiro needed a plan, and he needed it now. 

"Two different scents of blood. There are two demons... Their scent tells me where they are! But..."

Three more temari's shot themselves at Yushiro and Lady Tamayo, almost grazing their heads before a sharp and mystery blade cut through all three of them. Letting the demon's avoid the painful cutting of their body. Miyake didn't seem to have moved at all, though Lady Tamayo could've sworn she saw the faint hue of gold around the temari.

"Tamayo-San! Yushiro! Miyake-Kun!" Tanjiro called out, before catching one of the temari against his blade and rebutting it along with another ball to his right.   

"It's no use! I can't protect them, but, Miyake-Kun is very capable of handling himself.. For now.. I must focus on dodging these temari!"

"We are okay, Tanjiro!" Lady Tamayo assured Tanjiro, calming down, even in the slightest.