三十五Thirty-Five三十五

Chapter Thirty-Five: Infiltrating the Entertainment District
W/C: 3911

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu are preparing their bags for their mission with Uzui and a persistent Miyake. Tanjiro was having problems packing since he was used to Miyake packing things for him, and Miyake was in no mood to help anyone.

Tanjiro had never really seen Miyake so annoyed. Perhaps agitated, angry, or anything else. But annoyed? It made the air around them thick and hard to breathe in, walking on eggshells and hoping one doesn't explode. That's what it felt like, as if at any moment, Miyake would explode.

"The... Entertainment District?" Tanjiro questions, trying to rid himself of those anxious thoughts.

Miyake's eyes go narrow, he traveled near there once for a mission, he didn't like that place. It was filthy, desperate, disrespectful, gross, and dangerous.

Zenitsu nodded furiously, "You know, that thing! Know what I mean? The place where... Huh? You don't get it?"

Inosuke and Tanjiro tilt their heads, "Huh?"

Zenitsu starts giggling, "E-Ehehe..."

"Listen up!!"

The three boys flinched and quickly lined up in a line as Uzui begins his "lecture". As he's striking flashy and flamboyant gestures, Miyake deadpans, he had yet to see Rengoku since he woke up. Uzui holds Miyake's arm with his own, dragging Miyake around as he poses.

Uzui smirks, "I am a god! You three are... trash!That's the first thing you need to pound into your heads! Drive it in! You're to turn into dogs if I tell you to... and turn into monkeys if I say so!"

Miyake had a look of disgust on his face, "Tengen... you aren't a god... I told you that.. are you still in denial?"

"Hunch over and rub your hands together, constantly pander to my every whim, and suck up to me with every fiber of your being! And let me repeat! I am a god!" Uzui said, striking his last flamboyant pose for the rant.

Miyake deadpans and pushes Uzui off of himself, "Where is my Kyōjurō?"

Hikaru comes running around the corner, graceful, yet tiredly. Miyake hid his aura so she ran around the entire HQ trying to find him, she exhaled before she pointed at Miyake with a tense smile.

"You-"

"Miyake-Kun! You are awake!!"

Rengoku was close behind Hikaru, he wore bandages around his arms yet nothing else was injured, Miyake sighed out in relief before his danger sense heightened.

Rengoku came at Miyake with full force, shoving into his chest as he hugged Miyake around the neck, "I'm glad you're awake! I never doubted you for a second!"

Hikaru felt her smile and gentle aura beginning to turn hostile so she turned away and headed back to the mansion in order to stay away from that anger. Just like Shinobu, she refused to allow the anger within her to win. Because that would mean she lost, and she never looses, something she picked up from Miyake was her stubbornness.

She will catch up with Miyake next time, next mission. She paused, will there even be a next mission? Pull yourself together, Hikaru! Of course there will be another mission, Miyake always comes back from missions. Always.

Miyake quick to catch Kyōjurō's legs and held them around his waist, everyone around them caught a glimpse of a smile on Miyake's tired face, "You're alright, Kyōjurō? You weren't injured too badly we're you? I'm sorry, I'll do better to protect you-"

Kyōjurō immediately silenced Miyake by pushing his lips against the God Hashira's own, granted, both of their lips were dry from bland hospital syndrome, but they cherished the affection either way.