Freshmen 66

Hampton, VirginiaWednesday, 1/28"Nothing Wrong With Holding On"

Hampton, Virginia
Wednesday, 1/28
"Nothing Wrong With Holding On"

{Holding On To You by Twenty One Pilots}

7:43pm

"Foul! Green, number 26!" The referee called, pointing at the player.

His name was Curtis and he was Norfolk University star player. Right now, he was their angriest player. Hearing the call, Shai clapped his hands in Curtis direction, taunting him. Curtis muttered under his breath, waving him off as he made his way to his bench with the rest of his team. Shai did the same, heading over to Adams and the his teammates.

"Gather around! Let's go!" Adams raised his voice while clapping his hands. The boys gathered around Adams who was sitting down, his coaching board in his hand.

"Alright, we already have them choking and we need to keep that going. They're having a hard time with our defense, so we need to keep it up. Going back in there I want y'all to run Ocean with Shai and Dustin as the main leaders. Got it? Good! Let's go and end this game right!" Adams yelled at them.

"Family on three! Family on three!" Dustin and Skeeter shouted at the same time, raising their hands in the air. The rest of the team did the same thing, expect for Shai.

Dustin counted down and one three they all shouted family together. The five went back on the court; Shai, Dustin, Skeeter, Julian, and Michael. They took their positions while waiting for Temple to get themselves together. Shai stood in his spot, bending at the knees, and his attention on Curtis. He was staring back too when he was supposed to be listening.

Shai smirked, knowing he was starting to get into his head. He was enjoying every single moment of it. The Temple Owls did their chant then the original five came on the court. Shai stood up straight soon as he saw Curtis making his way towards him. He kept that smile on her face, Curtis mugging him.

"You already have four fouls, my guy. I would've thought your coach would sit you down on so you can think about your ways," Shai taunted, tucking his shirt in his shorts.

"You have four too, bruh. So, shut up," Curtis replied.

"Three, actually." Shai corrected.

"Whatever. You're ass anyway."

"You mad as hell." Shai started laughing while moving from his spot.

Skeeter hit the ball hard and that started the play. He threw it to Dustin who started to dribble, scanning the court. Shai jogged to the other side of the corner, occupying the left corner. Curtis was right there with him, ready to be a full on guard in case Shai got the ball. Until then, he continued moving around the court. The ball went from Dustin hands to Michael to Skeeter and finally Shai.