Freshmen 61

Hampton University, VirginiaTuesday, 1/6"Sorry From Freya"

Tuesday, 1/6
"Sorry From Freya"

{Sorry by Justin Bieber}

She took a deep breath, gripping her bag strap tighter. She approached the circular table where he was sitting at. She cleared her throat and grabbed his attention from his notebook.

"Hello," Freya gave him a small wave.

Axel look her up and down then went back to his notebook. He stared hard at the words written on the lines. There's been this constant melody in his head that he couldn't get rid of. He was supposed to be doing his math homework and instead was trying to find the perfect lyrics. He was struggling and didn't have time to deal with Freya either.

Freya pressed her lips together. She was expecting to be ignored by him. She still wanted to try and make amends. One out of many. She cleared her throat, taking her bag off her shoulder. She took a seat at the table in front of Axel. Though upside down, she was able to read his notebook.

"New song?" She sparked up a conversation.

No response.

"I've been listening to your old songs and-"

"What do you want?" Axel asked, slamming his pen down and looking at her.

He wasn't in the mood and it was clear that she wasn't taking the hint to leave him alone. Freya could see that she was annoying him, so she decided to make this quick.

"Umm, so I've been texting and calling you. I wanted to apologize for what happened between us. I've been taking the time to reflect on my own actions and I realized that I was being a complete asshole to you and others." She said.

Axel stared at her with no expression. He was waiting for the important part in her statement. Other wise, he was going to go back to writing.

"Okay..." he dragged out, waving his hands around a little. "Is that all?" he asked.

"I-" Freya paused, caught off guard by his response. "Well, no, it's not all. I know deep down you don't want anything to do with me and I understand that. I'm not asking for you to forgive me-"

"Cool. I don't forgive you. Nice conversation." He cut her off.

He went back to his notepad and started scribbling over the words he had written down already. The melody in his head had switched tempos soon as Freya came over. Before, it was mellow. About 80 beats-per-minute which was similar to IV. Sweatpants by Childish Gambino. But since being around someone he didn't care for anymore, this melody in his head became faster. Belligerent, even. The beat now at a good 170 beats-per-minute.