Freshmen 20

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐁𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐬'𝐫𝐞𝐞
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟸𝟶:𝟶𝟶 ─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎○︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Sat. Oct. 13th, 8:15am
"Gotta Be More"

It was another lazy day for the boys. College was slowly starting to be dull and boredom flooded their minds. At least, it flooded Shai's. His hands haven't touched a basketball in months. Neither have his foot touched a court. He was depressed somewhat. Football was taking too long to be over and he wasn't interested in it like others. All that he cared about was basketball and of course, Dess.

Shai chilled on his bed, staring at Dess new picture she posted a good two hours ago

Shai chilled on his bed, staring at Dess new picture she posted a good two hours ago. It was something about her that made him want to stare at her pictures for hours and hours. It may have been weird to others, but it was normal to him. That's what he thought at least. What he was doing wasn't creepy at all. She knew he was checking. After all, he was her very first like and comment. And with this intense liking growing abruptly, Shai wondered where things could end up.

"Yo, I might ask Dess to homecoming," Shai broke the silence in the bedroom. He looked away from his phone over at Axel who was texting on his phone. By the smile on Axel face, Shai had a feeling he was texting the tv breaker.

"Did you hear me?" Shai asked since he didn't receive a response.

Axel looked away from his phone for a second to acknowledge Shai. "Nah. Whatchu say?" he asked, going back on his phone.

Shai shook his head, but decided to repeat himself. "I might ask Dess to homecoming. It's just a stupid dance, nothing major and we can go as friends." he repeated himself.

Axel made a yikes face, looking back at Shai. "Nah, don't do that." he told him.

Shai raised his brows, "Why?"

Axel sigh, putting his phone down. "Cause that means imma have to ask Freya and I'm not tryna do that at the moment," he explained. Shai scrunched up his face, curious about the correlation.

"What does that have to do with me asking Dess? They're not going together. Are they going together?" He asked for confirmation. He figured he need to know that before taking the initiative and asking Dess. The last thing he wanted to do was make himself look stupid in front of her.

"Most likely no, but they're definitely going to chill with each other during the dance." Axel answered.

"Ion really care about all of that. They're gonna hang with each other regardless. It still doesn't answer why it matters?" Shai questioned, sitting up on his bed. He was now curious to hear Axel's answer. Shai had a feeling what it could've been but didn't want to assume.