Freshmen 39

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Tue. Dec. 3rd, 4:05pm
"Stronger Simpler"

It was day two of tryouts. From hell. What started off with twenty boys ended only with five left. Danny Adams was not surprised that fifteen boys were gone. He always made the first day the most extreme to test one's ability to take on the intenseness for the rest of the season. There was normally a good thirteen boys here but he was fine with five. At least cuts would be much more simple for him.

However, there was one he was keeping his eye. And that was the young man who was the only one breezing though suicides. Shai touched the opposite baseline then ran back fast, ending his twenty-fifth lap of suicides. He kept running until he slammed himself right into the blue mats on the wall, making a loud smacking sound. He slowly made his way to the floor while everyone else finished up. He laid on his stomach, trying to find his breath that left him soon as tryouts began.

Danny Adams blew his whistle to get everyone's attention. "Aight, let's run our power play. I need my starting five to come out here and run it first. Everyone else stand on the line and watch them closely. You'll be getting on afterward." Danny Adams exclaimed, blowing his whistle again.

Taylor, Bo, Ameer, Elijah, and Skeeter made their way to the middle of the court. Danny Adams tossed the ball to Taylor then look back at the other boys. The four of them stood on the baseline to watch while Shai laid on the floor still. He was struggling to breathe properly at the moment which explained why he haven't gotten up. His head was spinning, his eye sight was barely there, and his mouth was dry. He was about to pass out.

"Carter!" Danny Adams shouted since he haven't moved. "Carter! Let's go!"

Shai slowly raised his hand then raised his upper body. "Hold-" he took a deep breath, his head spinning.

"Let's go!" Danny Adams shouted again.

"Coach, he can't breath." Taylor spoke up, Danny Adams looking in his direction. "Give him a second."

Danny Adams glanced back at Shai who was laying down again. He sigh, slightly annoyed that he had to wait for him. But, he refused to have a student pass out on his watch. It just wasn't happening no matter how hard he could be on his team.

"Alright, we'll take a five minute-"

Elijah smacked his lips. "Man, coach come on!" He interrupted, tossing his arms up. "This is tryouts. They're trying out for the team, right? If he can't handle it then he gotta go. You always tell us to work hard and play even harder. This is basketball man."

Taylor glanced back at Bo, the two of them sharing a look. They knew Elijah was just talking to talk since he wasn't over the fight. He's been ranting about since it happened. Taylor and Bo were over it hearing it.

"He got a point though." Ameer agreed, placing his hands on his hips. "We don't have time to waste."

"The nigga cannot breath and y'all want him-"

"I'm good." Shai finally said something. Everyone turned to look at him seeing he was finally on his two feet. Shai slowly made his way to the baseline and stood beside Gavin.