Pilot

● 13 years ago ●

"And there goes Carter with another three!" The announcer shouted. Five-year-old Shai sat in front of the television in complete awe. He was watching one of his dad's basketball games on the television, and he was mesmerized.

The way his dad sprinted down the court, dribbling the ball left and right was unbelievable. Crossing up his opponents and then shot a three-pointer to tie the game. He got closer to the television while he held his pillow in his hand tightly. He saw the clock that was counting down, and he started counting with it.

"Ten...nine...eight...seven..." he counted, inching closer to the television. He knew he shouldn't be as close as he was, but he wanted to see what his dad was about to do.

There were only five seconds on the clock. His dad was guarding the Golden State Warriors player when he ended up hitting the ball out of his hand. Shai watched his dad have a fast break with only three seconds left on the clock. Sean stopped at the three-point line, stepped back, and released the ball out of his hand just in time. The buzz beater went off, and the basketball went right in the hoop.

At the same time, Shai made a swoosh noise with his mouth while holding his hand up as his dad did. He stood up quickly and started cheering like the dudes on the tv. Even though he was having the time of his life, his mother wasn't in the mood for his noisy self.

"Cut all that noise, Shai!" Addison shouted from the kitchen. Shai did as told, calming down since he knew his mom was currently upset.

Sitting at the glass kitchen table, Addison shook her leg rapidly as she stared at her phone. Picking up her wine glass, she took a small sip from it and looked at her watch. She'd been waiting for her bastard of a husband to come home, so she could confront him. She knew with both of them living a famous life that they'll always be in the media, but she didn't think she would be in the media for something like this. She drank her wine again, finishing it all. She slammed her glass down on the table and then picked up her phone. She reread the article from TMZ:

LA Clippers Basketball Star, Sean Carter, was spotted at dinner with another woman. Sources say that the NBA player has a child on the way with the mysterious woman, despite being married to supermodel Addison Payton.

As she continued reading the article, she grew more pissed at it. She had her suspicions that her husband was cheating, but to have another baby on the way broke her heart. He was the first man she laid her eyes on and fell in love with. Now that was all coming to an end because he decided to step out of their relationship. On the outside, their marriage was peaches and cream. On the inside, it was far from a dancing party.

Finally entering the house, Sean sigh to himself seeing the kitchen light on. He also heard the tv and knew that both his clingy son and annoying wife were still up. He purposely stayed out all night to avoid them at all costs, but unfortunately, that wasn't possible. Shai peeked around the wall that separated the living room and hall, and saw his father standing at the door. Sean had his back towards him since he was planning on leaving, but Shai stopped him.