Freshmen 46

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐒𝐞𝐱 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐢𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Fri. Dec. 12th, 10:30am
"Playing Dirty"

"Make sure you make eye contact always. Even if you struggle to maintain it, look somewhere else on their face. It helps." Pow explained as him and Shai got out the truck.

Shai nodded his head while he smoothed out his shirt. During break, he got in contact with the YMCA for a job opportunity. He never had a job before, therefore, he didn't know much of what to expect either. However, sitting around on campus and doing absolutely nothing was not the wave anymore. It was becoming boring day by day going from his room to the gym and then back to the room. He was tired of doing that and the only way to find some type of excitement was to work. Surprisingly.

Good thing he talked to Coach Pow about it and found out that Pow daughter worked there. That made Shai feel a little bit better. The good feeling soon leaving now that he was really here. He turned to face the building and read the big white letters on it, Hampton Family YMCA. He was nervous and excited to be here.

"Okay, another thing when doing an interview. Say what they want to hear." Pow continued giving out advice as he walked to Shai.

"Say what they want to hear?" Shai questioned, raising his brow. "Isn't that lying to some extent?"

Pow shrugged, stepping to Shai and fixing his collar. "If you want to put it like that then yeah. But, you know people your age and mine sprinkle a couple lies out there during an interview just to get the job. Everyone does it." He answered truthfully.

"So, you want me to do that as well?" Shai asked for reassurance. This was his first time having to do anything like this and the advice he was being given was throwing him off a little. Then again, Pow was helping him out more than anyone else.

Pow finished fixing Shai then took a step back, looking him over. He nodded his head but not to answer his question. He thought he did a pretty good job in helping Shai get ready with a white coarser shirt and dark blue jeans. Of course, Shai had to throw in his own signature style by wearing his Midnight Navy Jordan 11. He was really showing how professional he could be.

"Was that an answer to my question?" Shai asked since he was confused. Pow sigh, shaking his head.

"Yea and no. Just relax and take things easy. Answer all their questions in a respectful manner and with the truth. The half truth at least." Pow gave him an answer. Shai nodded his head understanding a little. He was just going to try his best while silently panicking.

"Cool. I will start panicking, Pow, just to let you know." Shai informed him, Pow chuckling since he knew he was telling the truth.

"Right. Just don't crash to the floor or anything like that. Now, come on." Pow wrapped his arm around Shai's shoulder and walked to the building.

He went ahead and continued giving Shai advice to help him out some more. Shai was barely listening since he was starting to panic as they talked. That all went away when they walked inside and Shai saw how amazing the inside was. It was better looking than the one at his home. It was always dirty and filled with older drunk men competing with each other. There was never a moment where kids were able to be kids on the court.