Freshmen 55

Hampton, VirginiaWednesday, 12/24"Relevant, Revelation, Respect"

Hampton, Virginia
Wednesday, 12/24
"Relevant, Revelation, Respect"

{Easy by DaniLeigh feat. Chris Brown}

6:15 AM

Pulling back the door, the sound of sneakers squeaking and a ball dribbling graced Shai's ears. He casually entered the gym, fixing his duffel bag on his shoulder. He kept his attention on Bo dribbling around the orange cones placed in a orderly fashion on the court. Once Bo reached the half court line, another dude tossed a ball to him and Bo continued dribbling down the line. He reached the hoop then went up for a layup, making it and running back to the start of the obstacle course.

Shai continued watching as Bo slowed himself down as he approached the blue mats on the wall. He gave Shai a head nod then turned to his friend on the court.

"Give me ten." He told his boy. The dude nodded his head then started doing his own thing with the ball.

"Wassup." Bo said to Shai, making his way over to him. They dapped each other up, pulling one another in a tight hug.

"Wassup." Shai responded. "I see you doing your big one." He added, pointing out towards the court. Bo glanced back at the cones, nodding his head.

"Yeah. I figure I get some extra practice in. I'm not doing shit for Christmas anyways." He replied with a small shrug.

Shai snapped his fingers as he tried remembering. "Right, cause you're-"

"Jewish." Bo finished for him.

"Right. You're Jewish, so you don't celebrate Christmas. Almost forgot for a second but cool." Shai awkwardly said.

"Mhm, bleachers?" Bo asked, pointing at the green seats. Shai nodded his head and the two of them made their way to where Bo stuff was sitting.

Shai placed his bag beside him then sat down. "So, whatchu doing here bro?" Bo asked, fixing the laces on his sneakers.

"Oh...well...I..." Shai stammered over his words as he tried to find exactly what he wanted to say. He was taking up Dess suggestion by training with Demetrius.

He still thought it was too much but didn't mind trying. The only issue he was finding about the whole thing was the opinions. Though he was trying not to worry about what others had to say, those thoughts were still in the back of his mind. He didn't want the team, mainly Elijah and Ameer, to think he was trying to one up them. He also didn't want Danny Adams to think Demetrius was going behind his back. More importantly, he didn't want Bo to think that he was trying to take his father and trainer from him.