Freshmen 13

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐳𝐢 𝐛𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐠𝐚
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟷𝟹:𝟶𝟶 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Sat. Sept. 30th, 6:30 pm
"Classical Carters"

It was one thing to not know how to talk to girls. It was another to not know how to tie a tie. Not having someone around to teach you was hard, but that's why the internet is free. Shai stood in front of the bathroom mirror, listening to the YouTube video that was playing beside him. He glanced down at his phone and took a second to watch the man who was helping. He nodded his head, looking back at the mirror and continued. He slipped the flap inside the hole like the man told him to and pulled hard.

He had done it. He had tied a tie. Ending the video, he checked himself out in the mirror. Tonight was the night of his mother's fashion event. Excited was not a word he would use to describe his feelings right now. He was tired of school, homework, and people. He was meeting up with his mother only to go to a stupid event he doesn't care about. All of this for what? He wasn't sure.

Smoothing his hand down his black suit, Shai wondered how this night might go. There were many possibilities, yet there was one he was really praying for. He wanted him and his mother to have an adult talk. A talk about everything that's been going on lately. It was needed in his humble opinion. Once he was done making sure he looked alright, he exited the bathroom to the smell of weed.

He shook his head when he saw Axel smoking from a weed bong. He put the pieces together and realized why Axel placed a towel underneath the door. Blowing smoke out his mouth, Axel placed his attention on Shai.

He gave him a head nod. "You wanna hit?" he asked, holding the bong out in front of him.

Shai shook his head, approaching his bed. Axel shrugged his shoulders and went back to smoking. Shai continued getting himself ready. He sprayed cologne and tightened his ponytail. His hair was sure not done for this, he was hoping his mother didn't notice the difference. Slowly but surely, he was deciding on cutting his hair so it was short again. Maybe start off with the curly stage just because.

He slipped on the watch his mother sent along with the suit. She gave him specific instructions to wear as much jewelry he could so they looked presentable. Shai knew she just wanted to prove to folks how rich she was. As if there was any reason to do so in the first place. He didn't bother to question his mother on her actions. If he did then they'll be talking for years. Finishing up, Shai received a text from his mother's assistant, Megan, saying they were here.

He sent a quick reply back, threw his headphones in his bag and tossed it over his shoulder. He looked back at Axel who was leaned back on the bed, high as hell.

"I'll be back," he told him. Axel gave him a thumbs up, Shai chuckling to himself.

He made his way out the room and down the hall. He knew he looked weird to he walking around his campus in a suit. If only people knew why he was doing it in the first place then they just might leave it be. Shai realized that leaving things be was far from what kids at Hampton practiced. He came across the conclusion after recent events regarding his parents. The news and blogs sparked up the elevator conversation again after a mysterious woman came to Twitter and let her feelings loose. Folks were assuming the woman was Sean's mistress.