Freshmen 47

FYI: Chapter is LONG and pretty DETAILED! If you find yourself just SCROLLING to get it over with then I understand. Enjoy either way.

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐈𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐭 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐬
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Sat. Dec. 13th, 3:12am
"Ball If You Want To"

The default iPhone alarm blared loudly in the small dorm room. Shai reached over, pressing his phone screen repeatedly as he attempted to stop the alarm. He finally pressed the button and stopped it from ringing. Thank God. He let out a groan, rubbing the corner of his eyes as he woke himself up. Three-twelve is what the time read. It was the earliest Shai have ever woken since being in college. It wasn't a problem since he used to do it at home in order to work out.

Today was just like that. It was the first basketball game and Shai was more than ready. He was nervous as well. He wasn't sure what to expect with this team and Danny Adams. But, he was preparing himself for the worse. You can never be so sure of anything when it came to the team. He already had a target on his back since tryouts and the week of practice, and he was not trying to have any more issues. Hopefully, everything could go by smoothly.

After wiping some of the crust out his eyes, Shai slipped his body from underneath the covers and got off his bed. He made sure he placed the blanket back over Dess as she continued sleeping. He did a good stretch, cracking his back a little then made his way to the bathroom. He turned the shower on then started talking his clothes off. Soon as he stepped in the shower and the hot water hit his body, his energy bar filled up to one hundred. He was finally his time to shine.

He stood under the shower head for a few minutes before washing himself up. His shower lasted a while since he was busy thinking about how this day might go. First home game. The entire school was popping out including his aunt and uncle. He was going to showcase his talent to all those who thought there was nothing in him. Prove his teammates wrong. Get his first college basketball win of the season. And kiss the cheerleader at the end.

He was beyond excited.

It was already three-thirty when he was out of the shower and brushed his teeth. He contemplated on doing his hair but soon realized that it was too much. A simple ponytail would have to do. Once he walked out the bathroom, he saw that Dess was awake and on her phone. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Good morning beautiful." He greeted her. "Did you sleep well?" he questioned while drying his body off.

"I slept well." Dess answered, placing her phone underneath the pillow and pulled the blanket up to her shoulders.

"I can tell. Your bonnet is off." Shai joked, Dess slipping her hand from under the blanket and giving him the middle finger.

Shai started laughing while he picked out his outfit the day. It was just a graphic tee he bought from a classmate business and sweats with basketball shorts underneath. Plain and simple like him to a certain extent. Dess got comfortable under the covers again while she watched Shai get himself together. She, too, was excited for today. All this practice was finally going to pay off at the game today. And to know that she was going to be among the ones that were standing on the baseline excited her more about today. She was ready.