To The Very End: The Girl Who Loved Him

Mikasa

"Look, the bones are gone!"

"The rumbling was stopped, too..."

"Is Eren dead?"

"We'll have to wait on Joshua..."

While the others question Mikasa's head starts to throb as she sits on the landed Falco's Jaw Titan. At first, she thought it was from exhaustion from fighting, but then the ringing and intensity of the headache... An Ackerman, once awakened, suffers headaches in response to their servitude to the awakener... No.

"Mikasa. I've always hated you."

"Was that...the last time we'll ever... It can't be." It recesses as screams disrupt the air from behind the alliance. Dropping off of Falco, Mikasa watches as Gabby, Pieck, and Falco reunite with their families. She can only watch as that happens, while the remains of her family linger out on the battlefield. It brings a jealous, sour taste to her tongue.

"It's not like I don't have regrets," Conny says as the Paradis Eldians group together, watching their Marleyan brethren. "But... We...did the right thing, didn't we? We stopped the rumbling."

Historia lowers her head. "We'll know soon enough if what we did was the right thing to do, but one thing is sure; we did what we thought was right. We always have."

"But is it over," Sasha questions as she and the others face the remnants of the rumbling. "Eren is gone, seemingly, but that centipede..."

"Reiner, Joshua... Where are they?"

Mikasa narrows her eyes, then sees movement in the distance from the giant crater. At first, she believes it to be impossible, but a second glance denies her suspicions for something more welcomed. "Armin!"

"Joshua!" Sasha points out just a short distance from Armin's Colossal Titan. A green cloak waves in the hazy smoke, the form of the 15th Commander, and just nearby is the Armored Titan. All three look fine, and the two Titans are on the move towards Fort Slava. Mikasa feels her chest relieve its tightness just a bit until Conny shouts out and points to the bottom of the cliff.

"Hey... Look! Over there! It got hit by that explosion...and survived?"

"What the hell is that thing?"

"Who knows... All I know for sure is that we can't let it live--"

Boom! A flash of light from the crater shakes the air, and everyone, including the three on the lower ground and the Marleyan people, have their eyes drawn to the occurrence of a Titan transformation. The Attack Titan survived...and he's the same height as the Colossal. Jean sighs and closes his eyes. "Well... Figures... I didn't think that'd be enough to kill you."

"Yeah," Conny agrees, "but what do we do now?" Mikasa doesn't have an answer for Connie, nor does anyone else as Armin turns back. Confronting Eren seems to be the smart thing, but what can they do right here, right now?

"Oh no." Gabi's outburst draws their attention. "You can't let that shining thing come in contact with Eren! There's no telling what could happen! It could even start the rumbling again!"

"That thing... We've gotta kill that shining thing!"

"How are we going to kill something that survived the explosion just now," Levi counters. "We need to go for Eren. You all understand by now, right? This nightmare won't end until we take him down. Our commander understands that."