Rumbling: Traitors of Eldia

"We have to kill them all at once," Annie suggests as the warriors and soldiers of the 104th and Pieck prepare for battle. "It's the only way to secure the ship. We'll use the power of all our Titans as well as all of your weapons to do that. Okay?"

I cross my arms. "Sounds good, except one thing."

Mikasa nods. "An indiscriminate attack on the harbor will even cause the Azumabito to get caught in the crossfire."

"You might call them distant relatives, but to us they're enemies who attacked our homeland."

"No," Pieck counters, "it'll be a problem if we let the Azumabito die, Annie. Isn't that right?"

"Precisely," Onyankopon says. "I should be able to pilot the flying boat, but without the Azumabito's mechanics, it is nothing more than a wingless ship. It's wings are now folded so that it is easier to haul on the seas. And, of course, it will take more for it to fly than simply extending those wings. My understanding is that the plan was for it to be operable only after taking into a hanger, performing a service inspection, and conducting flight training."

"About how long would that take?"

"I do not know. It is up to the Azumabito."

Annie sighs. "I see. So...we need to protect the flying boat and the Azumabito while also buying time for the ship to be serviced. But also you don't want to kill any of the Jaegerists who will try to stop us from doing that. Is that what you're telling me?"

"No, I don't want to kill them," Jean answers. "We've known some of them since the training corps."

"So? What're we going to do? Think you could tell me? How exactly are we going to keep any harm from coming to the flying boat and the Azumabito while not turning any of our attackers into casualties as we buy time for the ship to be serviced?" Annie faces Armin. "Tell me, Armin. Tell me your big plan just like you did when you drove me into a corner."

"That plan doesn't exist," Pieck responds. "Either we settle this in one go or we mess up and lose the flying boat."

"Wait," Conny says, "you know we're here in order to save people, right? So...why are you making it sound like we're going to have to slaughter all these people on the island? How did it turn into this?"

"...You're right. None of you...ever had an obligation to do this with us. We don't have any right to force you to make this choice, either. I bet if it was up to you... You never would have destroyed the walls that day. Unlike us."

"You seven don't need to fight," Reiner adds after a moment of silence. "Stay with Gabi and Falco. Watch from a safe location. You'll be forced to make a decision whether you want to or not if the Jaegerists find you. Don't interfere."

"I'm not interested in acting like a spectator here," Hange says as she and Magath slides down the hill overlooking the harbor. "We've already killed four Jaegerists, anyway. Most of all, time is running out for humanity. I could see the Titans moving forward off the shore as they gave off a massive amount of steam. Judging by their speed, they're already arrived on the continent of Marley. Marley's cities to the northeast, the ones closest to us, must be annihilated by now. I didn't think they'd cross the ocean this fast... In this case, the other continents don't have long either. Who knows how many have been killed already..."