Battle of Wall Maria: Vengeance At Last

Within the city

"That bastard. To think he's seriously alive. Why won't he just stay dead? What the hell do we do...against something like that? Hey, Armin, I think having Eren escape is the best we can do. Wouldn't you agree, Joshua?"

My eyes are so concentrated on Reiner that I almost ignore Jean completely. I instead look to Armin, who stands silently with his back to us and Mikasa. He's too quiet for someone who was just whimpering a moment ago. "Armin."

"He's thinner. The Colossal Titan has gotten a little skinnier. It's just like Hange said! The Colossal Titan is weak in a battle of attrition!"

I'm sure we look pretty dumbfounded to him. "Yes, I do recall that. We went over this though. We cannot retreat to engage in a battle of attrition."

"Remember Eren's experiments! He could only transform up to three times. If that's the case for a 15-meter Titan, a 60-meter one might be less efficient! And there's his steam attack too! I bet it's consuming everything except his skeleton to produce that steam!"

Jean stands up. "So what are you saying?"

"Armin?"

"I have a plan. You all need to drive Reiner away. Eren and I will defeat Bertholdt ourselves. The two of us can win and I'm going to prove it."

That look of determination and resolve… When that is on Armin's face, he truly has a plan. They've worked before in the past, I believe he will pull through again. I heave an amused sigh and turn towards Reiner. "You don't have to ask me twice."

"All right," Mikasa says. "Leave Reiner to the rest of us."

"Took you long enough, dummy. I really thought we were goners."

I pat Jean on the shoulder. "Let's go, horse face. I'm not dying until I make sure Reiner is dead." I signal for Sasha and Conny to come to join us as we head to my adversary. This is it. This is the final stand of the 104th Cadet Corps. This is the final stand of me and my friends. I do not plan to die. But nobody does.

I do plan on bringing Reiner Brauss with me.

xxxxxxxx

Armin

"I don't know why, but when it comes to taking back freedom, strength flows through me." Eren's words flow through Armin's head as he lands on Eren's Titan. He looks at his friend with a solemn smile, for the plan he had created cycles in his brain. "If this plan goes well, I won't get to look at the sea. For some reason, when I think of the outside world, courage flows through me." He stabs the lower right side of the Titan's neck, just where Eren's shoulder would be. "Eren, wake up! Let's go look at the sea!" Once he's sure Eren is conscious, Armin begins to relay his plan, adjusting himself as the Titan rises.

"Eren, that sums up my plan. As long as we properly execute it and manage to trick Bertholdt, this battle...is ours for the taking.

xxxxxxxx

Joshua

"Got it? We've gotta trust that Eren and Armin can handle Bertholdt! We just need to keep Reiner away from them if we can! Let's keep him occupied from a safe distance!"

"Roger!" We say to Jean as we dash in front of the Armored Titan. In response, he makes a mad dash towards us, ignoring us completely as he rounds a corner in the direction of Bertholdt. I sigh as we already begin to fail our end of the plan. "Well shit."