The Breach: Ymir Fritz

Years ago

"Thought we were gonna die out there. No one ever said winter training would be tough."

"Damn it, I can't feel my legs."

"I wish they'd let us inside already."

I shiver in my seated position beside Eren, listening to him, Jean and Conny rightfully complain of this stupid training session we're being put through on a fucking snowy mountain. I swear on my clattering teeth I'm going to punch Sadies in the face. "I don't think I can feel anything below the waist. Is this what being a woman is like? Just...an empty space between the legs?"

Mikasa looks down at me with mild disgust. "Is that what you're thinking about right now, Joshua?"

I look at Mikasa for a few seconds, like really look at her, like the way Eren should be, the way Jean does but no reaction works. Oh well, there's goes my manhood before I'm eighteen. "Shut up, Mikasa. You wouldn't know the difference. Why are they keeping us outside?"

Sasha's face is the only one that looks warm. "I bet they're busy putting together a huge feast for us! Yum…" That'll be nice, right?

"Hey!" We look to Reiner walking over to us, his face alarmed. "Christa is missing."

"Huh?"

"She was sticking with Daz since he wasn't doing so well,"

"That waste of space? Where is he?"

"Daz isn't here either. Ymir as well."

"Maybe they're with the last squad?"

"Can't be. The last squad, led by Thomas, just arrived. They never saw those three." I look over to Thomas and his squadron. They're the last? Shit.

"You don't think... they got lost?"

"Hey… They don't stand a chance if they're stuck in this blizzard."

"Shit." Eren stands up and I know exactly what he's thinking. It's crazy, dangerous even...but for once, it's out of the question of if it is the right thing to do.

"Eren!" Mikasa grabs Eren's wrist, but he pulls away.

"I'm going back out to try and find them!"

Marco nods. "Me, too!"

I stand up, stretching my arms. "Just for Christa and Ymir, I'll go. Daz can freeze his useless balls out there."

Just as we were getting together, one of the senior officers comes to us. "Everyone, inside the cabin."

Eren gasps. "But… Christa and-"

"Yeah. We'll send a rescue team first thing in the morning."

"It'll be too late by then!"

"We won't make any more victims!" A chilly wind speeds through, killing the fire and rocking the windows of the cabin. Initially, I was with Eren, but...this chill will kill us before we find Christa's team and make it back. SIghing, I hold one of Eren's shoulders, shaking my head sorrowfully.

He sighs as well. "Shit."

xxxxxxxxx

Present

"What the hell?" I wipe my eyes, trying to wrap my head around what I'm seeing. Ymir jumped off the tower, the lightning thing happened, then...small Titan with big head starts snatching napes with its mouth. I believe I'm thinking straight...Ymir is a Titan?