Rumbling: To Save The World

Earlier

Careful to not stitch Levi's right eyelids together, Hange slowly sews the lieutenant's wounds up. "Everyone got turned into Titans, but only you survived. It must be for the same reason you're able to survive these injuries. Because you're an Ackerman." Done with the stitches, Hange places the first aid equipment away and sits on the blanket the unconscious Levi lays on with her hands on her head. So much has gone on...and so much more she doesn't have a clue about since.

"Well, now what do we do? We can't stop Zeke on our own… We just have to count on Joshua or Commander Pyxis… Even if Eren betrayed Zeke, if that means the Jaegerists will still use the spinal fluid to control the island, we'll be on the run here for the rest of our lives. It must be that our time has come. You might feel like you're doing the right thing, but...times change and you find yourself in a cell. Maybe we should just live here together. Right...Levi?"

With no response from the man, Hange finishes applying bandages to his face, then rises and goes to work on fixing up a cart to carry Levi in. As she hammers the wheel in place, the world around her becomes a night-blue sky over a sea of sand.

"Hear me, all Subjects of Ymir. My name is Eren Jaeger. I now speak to all the Subjects of Ymir by way of the Founding Titan's power. Every wall on the island of Paradis has been unhardened. All of the Titans buried within them have begun to walk. My goal...is to protect the people of Paradis Island who bore me and raised me. But the world desires the extinction of the people of Paradis. Over countless years, their hatred has grown beyond this island. They surely will not stop until they have killed every one of the Subjects of Ymir. I reject their desire. The Titans of the walls will trample and rumble all the lands beyond this island. Until the lives there...are eliminated from this world…"

As the world returns to normal, Hange is frozen in place, shaken with fear and surprise. "Just now...was that…the whole world...Eren…"

"The Beast…" Hange turns around, surprised to see Levi awake. "That piece of shit. Where is he?"

"You don't need to get up," Hange states as she lays Levi back down. "Zeke went to Shiganshina with the Jaegerists. Half a day has passed since then… What happened?"

"I screwed up. I wasn't able to figure out...that he was ready to die… I let...him get away again."

Hange lowers her head. "I'm sure you want revenge, but for now…"

"If we keep running and hiding, what will that get us?"

"Oh. So you heard me talking to myself."

Levi turns his head in the direction he found Hange initially. "What you're making?"

"That?"

"You're going to pull me...by horse?" Levi sighs as he faces Hange again. :I know you… You're not able to stay out of the action."

She chuckles halfheartedly. But Levi is right about her. "Yeah, that's right… I can't."

x

xxxxxxx

Present

"My goal...is to kill Zeke. Our interests align. Theo Magath. Pieck Finger."