Misplaced Pt. 4

(Percy's POV)

I could hear Captain Marvel flash out, just as Nabu and Klarion clashed their powers together, and I tried to get up, but all I really did was let out a pitiful groan.

Soon hands grabbed my arms and torso, heaving me up, moving myself away from the fight.

"It is okay, Seahawk, we are moving Artemis, Red Robin, and Robin. They are safe as well," Aqualad said, as I cleared my vision enough to see him turn to KF, "go."

Rushing off towards who knows where Kid Flash made his way away from us.

Looking into Kaldur's concerned eyes, I let out a chuckle, imagining other times that were much worse than this.

Like the time I was almost crushed by a bronze mechanical bull, or getting skewered by Kronos, or getting thrown into Tartarsauce, or...

Ah, the memories of almost dying, way better than actually hitting the end of the line. But either way, I don't really recommend it.

Shaking my head, refusing to sit the rest of this fight out, I slowly rose up, gripping Riptide tightly.

Kaldur seemed to sense something changed in my mood, and his pale eyes flickered to mine, "I'm going to help too."

His face was hilarious, twisting into a worried frown before I pulled a "you can't tell me no" face.

He bowed his head in defeat, clearly not liking this idea, "Yes, my Lord."

Reaching out, he pulled me up, and we both took deep breathes, staring at the destruction Klarion created.

The ground had cracks in it from the familiar's pounding paws, plants and grass were uprooted, and there were deep gashes in the earth.

The ground started to change into a battlefield, Gaea smack dab in the center, cackling in victory...

This time I let the vision roll off of me, instead of letting it catch me in its molasses, and rolled my shoulders.

Nodding to each other, we steeled ourselves, taking in calm breaths.

You know, it was funny.

Before the final battle, there was always a calming inside of me, even when everything seemed anything but calm.

Turning, Kaldur bowed to me, and I did in return, a fire flickering in our eyes as if to say, "I'll be here, brother, and we'll all do this together. No matter what."

We all attacked together, Fate working with us.

Flashes of red and gold energy crashed together, like lightning, dancing across the field.

Its sparking hot heat reached us as it took a moment for our eyes to adjust to the light.

Nabu and Klarion fought mercilessly, and we joined in on the fray...

But there was a problem.

Nabu was an adult, and Zatanna was still a kid.

They couldn't meld together completely, but they both fought against it, trying to help us.

And Klarion seemed to find this hilarious, attacking us with newfound strength, wearing us down.

I refuse.

Feeling a tug in my gut, I willed the water in the ground and air to me, creating frozen disks.

Launching them, Miss Martian shot gigantic boulders, Aqualad attacked with his water bearers, and Fate's energy caused Klarion to drop his smirk.

"No, no, no, no, no," The integrity of the barrier was melting, and Klarion was forced to his knees.

Aqualad shouted out, causing a grim smile to come to my face, "Kid Flash!"

He rushed forward, the wind knocking my hood down, as he grabbed the gem and tossed, "Doc, catch!"

It felt like, at the time he yelled it, another voice called out, faintly, "Zatara, catch!"

Then, the air wavered and warped before a shimmer of the adults appeared.

They came back. We had done it.

Warmth burst in my chest as I looked over at Red Hood, Nightwing, and Batman. I could see them looking at us as well, the ghost of a relieved smile on B's face.

"Oh, well, that was fun while it lasted," Klarion opened a glowing portal.

"Teekl," he clapped his hands, stopping the cat from mauling Superboy, "let's go."

A mischievous smile crept onto his face, "But before I go... a present for the Son of Poseidon."

Screaming out in pain, my chest flared as I dropped like a sack of celestial bronze, landing onto my side-ways sword.

My face burned and I couldn't hold in my tears, which only searing my face more.

Voices called out to me as I writhed on the ground, begging it to stop.

"Per-Seahawk! Seahawk, just listen to my voice, you have to stay awake."

Bruce.

"Come on, we can't lose you," He sounded scared, and I couldn't help but let out a chuckle, guess this fight was harder than I first thought, "stay with us."

I tried to hang on, but I felt the darkness ready to claim me as the coldness crept over my body, and I suddenly lost my grip.

I'm sorry.