Gods, Why Me?

They were all skilled, that's for sure, I was out of luck in numbers, they were a well working group, and I was also getting tired. But the good thing was, they were too.

Dodging Nightwing's baton, Batman's Batarang, Red Robin's fist, and Robin's katana, I could see them look at each other, speaking with their glances when I started to get worried.

I only got so far in the Bat Speak department, being the newest of the Wayne's and all, so I only caught on that they had a sneaky plan.

I could see Robin roll his eyes at me, and I knew for a fact I wouldn't like what was coming.

(Skip)

I was right, I didn't like what was coming.

The thing was, they tricked me, so that is why I am now currently handcuffed to the fire escape. What a great way to end the evening!

I could easily break out of handcuffs, sure, but the thing was: these weren't regular handcuffs.

They had a soft blue-ish glow and muted my powers. They didn't take them away completely, but it did dampen them quite a bit. They also hindered my movement.

"These," Red Robin started, "are special cuffs to take away all meta-human powers, as well as magical items abilities, temporarily. So, if you're lying to us about not being a meta, we have that covered, and if you're telling the truth about your vambraces, we've got that covered too."

Smart.

I let out a chuckle, "Nice job, you caught me. A lot of people would kill to do what you guys did."

They all looked at each other again, before Batman stepped forward, "I have decided, that because we haven't been able to keep a good eye on you, that you will join the Young Justice Team."

I stared at him blankly.

Is he really serious?

"Are you kidding me? It's basically like joining a kiddie justice league. No way! Besides, you're not my parent, you can't tell me what to do, so I don't think so."

I tried to hold in my laugh, he technically was my parent, but he didn't need to know that yet.

"I'm Batman, this is my city, and I can tell you what to do. You don't have a say, being handcuffed to the fire escape, you have no choice."

If I joined their team, I might let them down just as I did with my own.

I bunched my hands into fists, trying to control my voice, trying to keep it stable, "I'm not joining a team. You can't make me."

Nightwing stalked forward slowly like I was a cornered animal, which it felt like I was, being trapped like this.

"Just hear us out Seahawk," He placed a hand on my shoulder, but I pulled back, "you could do a lot of good. You've been saying that you save people, that you're a good guy, this would allow you to save many more than you are now. Why don't you just think about it?"

He came closer than I would have liked, but he started to work on my wrists.

He unchained me from the escape, and I rubbed my hands, regaining blood flow, "Why? Why let me go? You worked so hard to capture me."

"Yes, Nightwing," Batman rumbled, "why are we letting him go?"

"Because, B," Nightwing put away his batons, "he won't trust us if we capture him and force him to do something against his will. It should've been his decision from the get-go."

I could do a lot of good if I joined their team, but what if I let them down? I did have the power to protect them and myself, but a lot of good that did in the last demigod battle.

I don't know what to do.

"We could give you some time, let you mull it over," Nightwing stood up, walking to the edge of the roof, "we could come back here to hear your decision."

The rest started to follow suit, leaving me on the roof, "Wait."

I couldn't believe what I was doing right now, "I'll join your little team," I held up a hand when Nightwing opened his mouth, "but on two conditions."

He smiled, and Robin decided to speak for the first time since the fight started, "Tt, what are these... conditions."

I ticked off my fingers, "One, I get to leave whenever I want, I am not to be confined there," they looked at me before I rolled my eyes, "I have a family, I can't just disappear. It would be harder to hide who I am if I went off the radar with a measly excuse if I even had one at all."

Batman crossed his arms, "And the second condition."

"I don't have to tell anyone anything about me, I would prefer to keep myself to myself. No telling anyone my identity."

I could see he wanted me to join, but he wasn't sure about the keeping myself to myself part.

"Fine," He relented, "but we might as well leave as soon as possible and introduce you."

He turned to the others, "I will call a Justice League meeting, I want you all to escort Seahawk while I take care of some things."

"Well," Red Hood yelled, "I hope "take care of some things" means you're going to uncuff me now!"

I laughed before taking the water out of the air, creating a frozen knife, and cutting through his bonds, "How's that?"

He grumbled at the others before I was led to a Zeta Beam, "Let's just go, jerks."

Well, Percy, here we go. You're going to join another team, but this time promise not to cause any trouble. Don't let them find out who you are yet, keep them safe, let them figure it out.

And don't die.

___________________

Good morning fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

I think it's about time for a little bit more action! Percy will be joining Young Justice, at Batman's "command" and will try to protect this team more than he could with his own. 

He wants to be a part of the group but doesn't want to get too attached. I wonder how they will react to him. :D

                -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱