Looks Like A Baby

(Alfred's POV)

Master Bruce found two missing runaways on his patrol the other night, as Batman. A little baby girl and a young man, both appearing to be brother and sister. He took them to the closest orphanage, promising a friend would come to adopt them. This "friend" would be himself but as billionaire Bruce Wayne.

Unfortunately, there was a small incident involving Master Jason and Master Damian, thus causing there to be an accident and a two-day delay in the adoption of the siblings. When he visited the orphanage, the two siblings, we found, were separated. 

Bruce was outraged they were separated, both had been through so much, and the only reason they ran away was for them to stay together. We were told the young man was sent to a different orphanage on the other side of Gotham and was adopted. So, we adopted the little girl and would search for the young man until we found him.

(POV Change to Bruce)

The little girl, Estelle we were told, is going to be living as the new addition to the family. Hopefully, the boys take this well and agree with my decision. Taking in a baby was going to be hard work, but I couldn't just leave her all alone, separated from her only remaining family.

Calling a family meeting, I held the little girl close, her salt and pepper hair curled against her face. She was adorable and I hope the boys would think so too.

Damian was the first to enter, "What," he pointed towards the girl, "Is that and what is it doing here, Father."

"Well," Dick snickered, "if my eyes aren't deceiving me, that looks like a baby."

"What is it doing here, Bruce," Jason asked pointedly, looking like he already knew the reason for this meeting.

"She's not an it, Jason, she's a baby girl" Tim stepped forward, taking the baby from me and rocking her, "What's her story, Bruce."

"Her name is Estelle," I explained, "Her mother and father were killed in a murder. No one knows who did it, but she has an older brother. He recently turned 17 so he couldn't legally take care of her, and was sent to a different orphanage on the other side of Gotham."

I picked up a file, tossing it to the boys, "He was recently adopted, but there is reason to suspect the people who took him in are abusive and addicts. They previously adopted three others, ages ranging from five years old to seven, two girls and a boy. There hasn't been any evidence to support this theory, but I want you to keep an eye out."

I pulled out the most recent photo of him, "His name is Perseus Jackson and he will be attending your boys' high school."

The boys went silent.

"Bruce," Jason chuckled, "isn't that the kid who blew up the St. Louis Arch?"

"And," Tim interjected, "went recently missing, for like, months?"

Dick looked surprised, "I didn't know all of that happened to him! I just thought he was the kid who had a gunfight to save him and his friends from a kidnapper. This is nuts."

"Tt, who is this boy? How could he do all of those things without getting caught, and suffering the consequences, Father?"

I ran my hand over my face, this kid was something, but some of these things might not have been his fault, "I'm not sure, Damian, but I want you all to keep an eye out anyway. As a vigilante, and a civilian, we should keep watch. He could be dangerous, or not at all, we don't know yet."

__________________

Good afternoon fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I am going to occasionally switch up the POV so it breaks up and helps develop the story better, but mostly it will be from Percy's perspective. Whenever there is a chapter in Alfred's POV I just fall to pieces! He has to watch the mess and chaos that ensues from the Batfam. haha

I'm sure the boys will just fall in love with Estelle, given time, I know Tim already fell for her. I mean, Estelle is so freaking cute! Well, I'm going to be writing some more, so, see y'all later!

                            -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱