The Pit of Lies

After being "saved" by the heroes (Dick, Tim, Jason, and Damian), I quietly slipped into my room. They were probably going to tell Bruce I was back, and then I'd get yelled at some more. Bad enough I got a lecture from the Batboys, but now I have to listen to the man in black himself.

I decide to take a shower first, before the inevitable lecture, to get rid of the crowbar bruise on my face. I let the steam and water roll over my body, letting the bruise fade, before finally stepping out.

I chose what I wanted to wear, deciding between pajamas and my civvies. I decided to go with a pair of jeans, my blue converses, and a (you got it) blue shirt. The shirt, a gift from my father, had the silhouette of a horse on it, in the middle of a jump.

The door to my room burst open to reveal Bruce and he closed his mouth as soon as he opened it.

I was in the middle of pulling my shirt down, so Bruce got a quick glimpse of my scars. Even if he could only quickly see the white marks, with not even one-fourth of them visible, he would have some questions.

"Why do you have so many scars, Percy!" He demanded.

"Well," I rubbed the back of my neck, desperate for a lie, "my dead ex-step dad gave some of them to me."

It wasn't a complete lie, Smelly Gabe would occasionally hit me, leaving me with scars. Sometimes I would still have nightmares about it, but thankfully Bruce didn't question it.

His eyes softened, if only a fraction, "And why did I hear, that you were hanging out with a villain? You know how dangerous Gotham is! You need to take it seriously!"

We started to walk to the dining room for dinner, Bruce hot on my heels, as I zoned out from his lecture.

The boys all stared at us, wanting to know answers but not willing to blow their cover. They could obviously tell my bruise faded, you could barely tell it was there. But none of htem couldn't question it, because I would know they had to be there to see it. 

It would blow their secret of being Gotham's Protector's, even if I already knew.

"Tt, Jackson why do you always get kidnapped," Damian asked, flicking his food to the cat, much to Alfred's displeasure.

Everyone nodded their heads, Jason asking the question they were all thinking, "So how did it happen?"

"Harley had a plan to pretend to be a civilian in need of help, to lure a hero. She was going to surprise attack them and capture them, but I heard the cry for help and went to see who needed it. I ended up with a hit in the face with a crowbar. But you should've heard her, she gave the goon who hit me an earful!"

I leaned back, not being able to contain my laughter, "Then we went for some pizza to make up for it, we sat on the edge of a building and looked over Gotham. It was quite nice, actually."

They all stared at me again. They did that a LOT.

Dick was the first to recover, "So you basically had a playdate with a villain!?"

I gave them a wink, "Yup."

"What did you talk about?" Jason asked, earning a smack on the head from Damian.

"Well, I bet it was about insane stuff," Tim muttered.

Bruce stood up, "I don't want you talking to villains, they are usually insane."

I stood up, calling over my shoulder, "she's wasn't that insane. She's actually really good with heart-to-heart talks."

I could hear their disbelief as I walked back to my room, imagining their faces. They were probably so confused. HA! I could also hear Bruce calling for me to come back, but I ignored him, cause', y'know, I thought seeing if Alfred fixed my suit yet, was more important than listening to him. :D

__________

Afternoon my fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, thank you to everyone that's reading this story, it means so much to me!

But having a heart-to-heart talk must've sounded crazy to the batfam, I'm sure they would agree. However, I don't doubt that Percy found it highly amusing, I'm sure I would've. 

Have a fantastic day, my friends,

          -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱