Chapter 56

Risa watches him devouring the rice cakes he ordered for both of them. She examines his face, noticing the swollen eyes and puffy cheeks, looking as if he just woke up. Or he was crying before coming to see her. She didn't say anything as she takes a bite of the rice cakes, despite her mind running wild remembering his words when they were at the front of her house.

Because I want to see you

"You always go out alone at night?", he asked, cutting off her trail of thoughts

"Always. But sometimes with Eri and Hani. It depends"

"Don't go out alone at night next time", he takes another bite of the rice cakes as he said that.

"Mister Kim, I am not 10. I can go out—"

"Mister Kim? You really going to call me that?", Taehyung puts his fork down, giving her his entire attention now

"You're older. I was supposed to address you with respect", she teases despite knowing the actual reason he questioned her addressing him like that.

"You are really stubborn, you know that", he chuckles, glancing to his side as he adjusts his seating on the small wooden stool. "And annoying"

"Didn't I say, girlfriends are meant to be annoying"

Taehyung gasps at her remark, feeling himself getting flustered but then he clears his throat, hiding his actual reaction. His cheek feels hot, suddenly finding himself getting nervous, averting his eyes from looking at Risa.

"What happened to you?", she asked as she takes another bite of the rice cake, chewing it casually as she looks out at the view in front of them.

"Why did you ask?"

"Something must have happened right. Your face is like a puff fish, your eyes too. And the fact that you said you were in the area, why were you here exactly?"

He lets out heavy sigh, putting both his arms on the table as he leans forward while lowering his head. He doesn't know it himself. He couldn't think after bumping into Hwayoung when he got home just now. The first thing he thought of is; wanting to see her. For unknown reason, he wanted comfort and unconsciously, he was already heading towards her house. As if his body knows, he can count on her to find comfort after all of that occurrence.

"See, you're troubled. Mister Kim, I am not going to force you to tell me. But at least, let me know if I can be of any help"

 But at least, let me know if I can be of any help"