Chapter 42

Taehyung watches as Jungkook and Jimin walk towards him, and many others of his workers filling in the meeting room. He couldn't get any sleep last night, overthinking just about everything. He ends up finishing off his work, unaware of the time just to realize that it was almost 3 am.

"Too early for a meeting, don't you think?", Jungkook pulls a chair beside Taehyung, yawning quietly as he settles himself on the chair. " I heard the chairman is coming down today as well. Isn't he the biggest shareholder among the others?"

"Yes, seems like you did your research", Jimin nods in amazement, earning a smug from Jungkook. "It's our first time meeting him, isn't it?"

"I kind of saw him at the hotel lounge just now, he was having breakfast with some people. He looks young for a chairman. Do Japanese people stay young all their lives?"

Jimin and Jungkook carry on chatting about the chairman while Taehyung drowns deeper in his own thoughts. His mind wanders further away from the room, drifting to the memory from 3 years ago. Meeting Jae In last night had taken a toll on himself. Seeing her after all those years triggered unwanted feelings and memories, disrupting his sanity. He couldn't focus on anything since morning, especially when Karin gave him a call to talk about the meeting he is currently in right now.

"The chairman is here!", Jungkook whispers lowly, tugging on Taehyung's arms, snapping him out his thoughts.

All of them got to their feet, politely greeting the first person who walks in. The petite fair woman, dressed in a very modest navy blue suit walks in gracefully, her short black hair framing the round face of hers. She bowed politely to the staffs that are already in the meeting room before standing at the side. A tall,  middle aged man, ebony hair, tall and slightly tanner skin walks in, face smiling as he looks at everyone, politely bowing as he walks towards the front of the meeting room. Standing just at his chair, he bows politely again to everyone before speaking.

"Good Morning everyone. Thank you for being here and I am entirely grateful to be finally meeting my friends from Kim group of companies. I am Takehiro Isane, please to meet you. Pardon if I made you wait, my flight from London was delayed yesterday, thus, I have arrived a little bit too late"

-

Risa walks through the hotel's entrance, halting when she suddenly saw that one person she knows too well. She froze at the sight of the guy, the only guy that can make everything twirls and her entire mind wiped out. She feels herself tensed up, breaths hitching knowing that if she doesn't move and escape, the guy is going to see heronce he turns around. Panic surging, she looks around, finding an escape route but she failed. Nevertheless, she heads straight towards the lift area but then suddenly saw that the man is too, heading towards the same direction.

Everything seems to slow down as she eyes him from the big mirror hung at the wall, watching as the man walks behind her, heading towards the same direction of her