Chapter 9

"Where is that kid?"

He barged into Karin's office, not even bothered to knock first. When he realized Risa is not in his office nor Karin's , he felt a sudden serge of panic rushing all through his veins. Risa was supposed to be within his watch but the last time he saw her was this morning. After he went out with Jimin for brunch, he didn't come back to the office, not until 5 minutes ago.

"So sweet, the boyfriend is missing his cute girlfriend, I see?", Karin peeked through her book, smirking at him.

"Where is she?", Taehyung asked again, sounding impatient.

"Call her. Hello? It's the 21st century. You can just tap and call. Easy", Karin scoffs as she straightens her back, rubbing the back of her sore neck. She watches as Taehyung just stands there, looking at her with a straight face.

"What?", he groans

"What? What do you mean by what? You don't have her number, do you?"

"Do I look like I have the time to take her number? I don't even—"

"Oh shut up", Karin cuts him off as she gets to her feet, reaching for her phone, tapping on the screen and then, a few seconds later, Taehyung's phone buzzes. "There, her number. Call her. Save her number and call her"

-

Taehyung was on his way back to his office when he spotted Risa and Jimin walking out of the lift together, laughing as they head towards the entrance of the office. Unaware of him standing at the side, he stayed unseen as they walk towards the pantry.

"So much for being my girlfriend, she is out there flirting with Jimin instead", he rolled his eyes, looking agitated as he walks towards the pantry, tailing them

"Where are you going?", Jungkook suddenly appeared out of nowhere, halting his steps when he spotted Taehyung heading towards the same direction.

"Do I have to tell you everything ,Jungkook?"

"Looks like we are heading towards the same place, the pantry. Is it because of the same reason?", he arched his eyebrow suspiciously.

"What's your reason?"

"Kwon Risa. She's there with Jimin. Can't let her out of my sight", he clicked his tongue before patting Taehyung's shoulder, leaving him standing still at his spot. "Not joining me?", Jungkook glanced over his shoulder as he smirks.

"I don't have time for this"