Chapter 38

"I didn—"

"You did", he cuts in,

"How did you even—"

"The guy from your favorite bar, the one with that long hair, he called me using your phone. You know what else he told me?", his voice dropped a few octaves, sending chills down her spine.

"What?"

"My name is on your favorite contact list, and also, your speed dial", he answered as he looks deep into her eyes. "Now, what makes you think I will believe that you don't feel anything about me?"

Hani inches backward, feeling herself getting nervous to the sudden tension building around them. Getting caught red-handed, she never expected it. Her mind went blank the moment she saw him at her door and the way her entire head blacked out—it's frustrating.  She couldn't think straight, she couldn't even try to come out with an excuse with Jungkook looking at her with that pair of doe eyes that she missed so much. She just couldn't.

"Hani, you have to let me know what's in your head", he broke the silence

"Hani, you have to let me know what's in your head", he broke the silence. "I want to know what you're thinking"

She looks away, averting his stare, not wanting to feel trapped in that gaze once again. She wasn't ready for this kind of confrontation and she has no idea how to escape this entire situation. She feels like running away, or perhaps, hiding herself and never want to see Jungkook again. but at the same time, she loves it when he is here, so close to her. She is torn and lost. So lost to the point she couldn't decide on her own decision.

"I...I am scared Jungkook", her reply came out shaky.

"Why are you scared?", he asked, softly.

"I don't know anything about this. I just don't think I am prepared for anything like this. I mean, something like this. This next step thing. I don't do this. I am in no place to actually do this. And I – when I realized that I might have feelings for you, I got scared so I just think—"

"By pushing me away, your feelings are going to go away too?"

"Something like that"