thirtytwo

4 months later

'Brad! Brad! The baby!' I shouted as I was awoken by a sharp pain.

I knew this feeling. I was having contractions.

Brad instantly rose from his position on the bed.

'Shit!' He shouted as he rushed up out of bed.

'Brad get the baby bag.' I told him as he rushed around to put clothes on.

I quickly got my phone and rang my mum even though it was 3AM.

'Hello!' Her panicked voice answered.

'Mum I think the baby is coming. Can you come and watch Layla?' I asked her quickly.

'Oh certainly honey. Oh my our baby could be born today. The baby is coming!' She shouted as I heard her shake my dad awake.

'Ahh!' I shouted as I felt another contraction.

Brad instantly rushed to my side; I squeezed his hand as he rubbed my back.

'Oh baby we'll be straight over!' She exclaimed down the phone before she hung up.

'Come on let's try and get you downstairs.' He said as he helped me up from the bed.

'Brad I want to see Layla before we go.' I told him as he nodded.

He quickly sweeped me off my feet and carried me bridal style to Layla's room.

Setting me down on the chair next to her bed, I peeped over at my precious girl.

She began to wriggle before she opened her eyes.

'Hi baby.' I said through the pain. 'Mama and Brad have to go to hospital and we might come home with the baby.' I told her.

She instantly smiled with excitement.

'Can I come?' She asked sweetly.

'No sweetie, not now. Nana is coming over to mind you then she'll bring you down in the morning. Okay?' I explained to her.

'Okay mama.' She sighed.

'We promise.' Brad said as he wrapped his pinky around hers.

'I wuv you.' She said as she placed her head back on the pillow before going to sleep.

After placing a kiss to her we both left the room; Brad carrying me bridal style again.

As we got downstairs my parents were at the door.

'Oh good luck.' My mum said as she pulled me in for a hug.

'I'll send you updates.' Brad assured them as my mum lifted the bag and my dad helped Brad get me into the car.

Brad drove as fast as he could without breaking the speed limit to get me to the hospital as soon as he could.

His hand was constantly on my thigh or stomach which allowed me to squeeze it when I felt a contraction.

'We're nearly there baby.' He said as I squeezed on his hand; my breathing heavy.

Once we're at the hospital we get a spot near the front seeing as it's nearing 3:30AM.

Brad rushes to help me out of the car and into the hospital.

Once the nurses see us coming in they grab me a wheelchair.

Brad gave the reception my name and details before one of the nurses told us to follow her.

He pushed me along the corridor until we were in the maternity ward.