nineteen

'She was so excited to show you her toys.' I chuckled as I flopped onto the sofa.

I had just put Layla to bed seeing as she was exhausted from the excitement over the past 3 days.

'Aw bless her. I can't believe how grown up she's getting.' He said as he cuddled into me.

'Jeez tell me about it.' I sighed.

I didn't want my baby to grow up. I wanted her to stay little forever.

'You look amazing today.' He said as he kissed at my neck.

'You're glowing.' I told him as I ran my hands through his curls.

'I can't wait to spend Christmas together, it'll be like our first Christmas.' He said with a smile.

'Our first proper Christmas as a family.' I grinned.

'I'm so excited for New Years.' He mumbled.

We had booked Chewton Glen for 2 nights. Me, Brad, Layla, my parents, Brad's parents, our siblings and their partners are all going.

It was actually my mum and Anne Marie's idea to do this. Seeing as me and Brad are very family orientated and usually spend New Year's Eve with our family they thought it would be nice for us all to spend it together as one big family.

And on the plus side our families all got along really well.

'Do you want a hot chocolate?' He asked as he stood up from the sofa.

'Please.' I grinned at him.

'Pick something to watch whilst I make it.' He said, pecking my lips.

Brad's POV

I stood making a cup of hot chocolate for both me and Ellie. I looked over to the sofa to see her.

She lay with a blanket wrapped around her, her head and arm poking out as she scrolled through Netflix trying to find something to watch.

I don't know how I got so lucky. People may judge because she was a single mum, at a young age, and I accepted she had a daughter.

They say I shouldn't act as a father figure to Layla but if I don't then who will? Both these girls mean more to me than anything.

Layla deserves to have a father figure in her life and Ellie deserves to have someone there to help and love the both of them.

I made the 2 cups of hot chocolate, putting cream and marshmallows on top.

'Thank you.' She smiled as I handed her a mug.

I sat down next to her with a mug in my hand. We snuggled under the blanket, one of my arms around her as I held her close.

'I haven't been to the cinema in ages.' She said out of the blue. 'Like before Layla was born.'

'Thinking of it, I haven't been in ages either.' I taught. 'Next date night I'll bring you.' I told her.

'We haven't been on a date in ages.' She sighed.

'I know baby, I'll bring you on one before we start back to work. I promise.' I said, putting my pinky out for her to wrap hers around mine.

'My mum can watch Layla, we can have a full day to ourselves, do anything we want, just the two of us.' I assured her as I kissed her forehead.

'Are you sure she wouldn't mind?' She worried.

'Of course not, she loves her. She was so excited to give her the present earlier.' I chuckled.

Eventually we pressed play on Netflix and continued watching Gavin and Stacey.

A few episodes in, she fell asleep in my arms. Her arms wrapped around my torso as I held her close, the blanket still wrapped around us.

I lifted her and carried her to her room, laying her in her bed and tucking her in.

'Goodnight El.' I whispered as I placed a delicate kiss to her forehead.

'Stay.' She croaked hoarsely.

'Okay, I'll just turn everything off.' I said as I pushed hair out of her face.

I returned to the living room, turning off the TV along with the lights before making sure the door was locked.

As I went back into her bedroom she sat up, sleepily.

'Thank you.' She croaked.

'What for?' I asked confused.

'For staying. For locking up. For loving Layla like she's your own. And for being you.' She whispered.

I got into bed next to her and put my arm around her.

'I love you El.' I told her as I kissed her lips, slowly but passionately.

'I love you too, so much.' She said as she pulled away before reattaching our lips.

After a while we both pulled away, breathless.

A yawn soon escaped her mouth, I knew she was tired.

'Go to sleep.' I mumbled as I played with her hair.

'I wanna talk.' She groaned as she turned to face me as we both lay on our sides.

'How about we both close our eyes and talk until we fall asleep?' I reasoned with her.

'Okay deal.' She said before kissing me and snuggling into my chest.

Within only a matter of minutes of small conversation she was fast asleep.

Ellie's POV

Today was the day we were going to Chewton Glen. It was December 30th so we would be spending New Years there.

Over the last few days it's just been spent chilling around, doing the odd activity with Layla and seeing our families.

Me and Brad were travelling down in his car with Layla. My mum and dad were bringing Sophia and her boyfriend, Max. Then Anne Marie and Derek were driving Nat and her boyfriend, David.

I'm so excited to spend more time with everyone and celebrate New Years together.

It's as though we are one massive family. I love how close both families have got since me and Brad began dating.

Brad's family also adapted really well to the fact I had a child, in fact they treated Layla as though she was their granddaughter.

'Watcha thinking about babe?' Brad asked interrupting my thoughts, putting his hand on my thigh as the other rested on the steering wheel.

'Just about how our families have grown to be one and how yours accept Layla as their own.' I spoke my thoughts to him.

'You know everyone adores you and Lays, of course we would accept her. My mum thinks the world of you.' He told me.

'I love your family.' I smiled thinking of all the times they've made me feel more than welcome.

'I'm so excited for this break.' He sighed.

'Me too.' I agreed. 'It's going to be so nice everyone in one place at once spending the holidays together.'

He hummed in response before we fell into a comfortable silence again. The only noise coming from the radio as our baby girl slept peacefully in the back.